Location: London, UK
Requisition Number: 215786
UK & Ireland Data Practice Consultants bring a wide variety of technical expertise and experience to our customers. They have demonstrable knowledge of data ecosystems, supporting technologies and services.
The Ecosystem Specialist will have a broad knowledge of the Teradata Vantage ecosystem. They will possess the technical confidence to lead customer conversations on matters of database administration, system performance and tools, utilities and technical components that comprise our customers’ data environments. The role demands adaptability and the ability to step-up and take ownership of project deliverables when needed.
The role holder will be passionate about data, the constant evolution of data technologies, and its increasingly pervasive influence in the way our customers operate. They will be familiar with the unique challenges of Cloud Migration and demonstrable experience with one or more public cloud platforms would be an advantage.
This role is client facing and as such significant travel may be required.
- A well-rounded individual with ten years of consulting or relevany industry experience.
- Teradata database administration: Concepts, tools, and best practice.
- Multi systems management and system performance optimisation.
- Strong knowledge of the wider Teradata technology stack such as:
- Data Mover
- Back-up and Restore (BAR)
- Data Labs
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working in the project environment.
- Able to actively support customer meetings and workshops.
- The potential to step up to more senior project roles when required.
- Works to become a go-to person for both the customer and Teradata team for Ecosystem and DBA advice and best practice.
- Maintains knowledge of Teradata technology and wider industry trends.
- Takes a proactive role in identifying new consulting opportunities and communicates them with the project team.
- Challenges self and others to his/her fullest potential.
- Contributes to lessons learned and sharing those lessons with team members.
- Develops productive relationships with customer stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively to identify needs and suggest alternative approaches or technical solutions.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Good communicator with both business and technical stakeholders. Able to relay and adapt technical concepts to audiences of varying technical experience.
- Sound understanding of database concepts and different database design techniques.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of one or more Database Technology (Teradata/Oracle/SQL Server/Redshift/Big Query/Synapse/Snowflake).
- Public Cloud experience or certifications (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Broader technical skillset (Networks, Linux, Shell Scripting, Mainframe etc).
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Ecosystem Specialist
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB