Senior IT Auditor
Multiple Locations: San Diego, CA, USA • Atlanta, GA, USA
Requisition Number: 215754
We are seeking a candidate to join our global Enterprise Risk and Assurance Services (ERAS) Team. Teradata’s Internal Audit provides financial, operational, information systems and value-added audit and consulting services to the Company on a global basis. The ideal candidate will be part of a team focused on building relationships with key Company leaders, assessing risks, acting as a consultant as needed on process design and optimization as well as documenting, assessing and testing IT processes and controls across the Company. This candidate must possess a strong personality because they will have heavy interactions with local, regional and corporate leadership at all levels of management.
- Lead and execute audits related to a variety of IT business activities, processes, and operations
- Counsel and guide business partners in identifying risks and potential risk mitigation alternatives commensurate with the risk identified and consistent with Company established risk appetite
- Develop and execute thorough audit programs and document related work to evaluate internal controls related to IT risks, operational activities, and compliance requirements
- Ensure compliance to guidance, standards and regulations such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS), ISO 27001/27002, NIST Special Publications, FIPS, FedRAMP, and other Federal regulations and policies.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications, listening, interviewing, fostering open communications, facilitating and influencing
- Work directly with internal business partners to assist in the identification and assessment of potential security risks, and establish risk owners, ratings, and management action plans.
- Using the NIST Risk Management Framework, conduct assessments of information security controls in order to measure the effectiveness of controls and identify control gaps.
- Work directly with technology and business partners to assess whether security controls adequately safeguard data
- Prepare detailed and summary reports of assessments, remediation plans, including customized reports, as needed
Travel is estimated at approximately 5-10% annually. The candidate for this senior level project consultant will be based remotely, with an expectation of periodic travel to our corporate offices (San Diego, Atlanta) or location specific audits / projects (potentially international travel).
- 3+ years of experience in IT audit, information security, and compliance and internal / external audit experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Information/Cyber Security or other relevant business discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Experience with relevant security and risk management frameworks (NIST Risk Management Framework, NIST Cyber Security Framework, CIS Critical Security Controls, etc.)
- Strong understanding of public cloud infrastructure architecture and security controls
- Detailed understanding of internal auditing standards & requirements, as set out by IIA
- Experience with assisting/preparing risk assessments, audit programs and work paper documentation
- Experience with global data protection and privacy laws (e.g. GDPR, CCPA)
- A good understanding of technologies and controls including hosts, databases, networking, and applications
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with technical and non-technical resources
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following areas: multi-tasking, critical thinking; and the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Travel up to 15% annually, and ability to travel internationally
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Internationally recognized auditing qualification such as CIA, CISA, CISM, or CISSP.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior IT Auditor
Job Category: Finance
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US