Senior Business Systems Analyst - Consulting Services
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 215753
The Senior Business Systems Analyst - Information Technology Team (IT) is responsible to drive, with close partnership with business stakeholders, the overall strategic direction of IT supported global services technologies and associated services used by our consulting and customer success teams referred to as our global services teams. In this role you will plan and manage the implementation of prioritized projects and the sustaining technology support utilized by our global services teams. The role provides direct leadership and oversite of the Information technology resources supporting the technologies and technology services leveraged by the global services organization ensuring all platforms are continuously optimized to meet the prioritized needs of the business community with high measured business value. In addition, this Senior Business Systems Analyst position will be responsible for managing platform support and the implementation of enhancements across all global services technologies through our planned agile continuous delivery process.
What You Get to Do in This Role:
This Senior Business Systems Analyst position will be our lead representative for the IT team for all IT supported technology solutions used by our global services teams. The role also has indirect oversight of our skilled IT technology support team within our global IT organization as well as our supporting contingent offshore and onshore staff. The primary scope of responsibility will span IT supported technology ecosystem as well as numerous integrated services. Key business stakeholders within the global customer service and global services business unit as well as from our finance team will be key and critical business partners for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and cultivating business stakeholder relationships, leading global technology solutions and technology services application support and development initiatives, be an excellent communicator and trusted technology partner to business stakeholders with demonstrated experience facilitating onshore and offshore technology resources.
The responsibilities of this role are:
• Provide insight, direction, prioritization to our Information Technology (IT), team on initiatives serving our global services teams
• Serve as the trusted technology partner and advisor to key business stakeholders in global services and Information Technology, Enterprise Architecture, and security
• Provide insight and direction to the global IT team on-shore, off-shore, and contingent work staff
• Management of the IT global services platform ecosystem by tracking changes, ensuring maintenance and platform health checks are completed, usage and maintenance agreements are in place and managed, and overall, 3-year strategic plans are created and socialized
• Provide technical advice and guidance to the global services team and related business and technology stakeholders
• Provide oversight and support on delivery of projects, acting as a point of escalation for the team and internal stakeholders, facilitate communication on any critical issues
• Work collaboratively with the Business and other IT teams to deliver value to Teradata
• Adhere to and utilize company Internal Controls procedure related to release and change management
• Partner with the IT organization to ensure that the incident, problem, and change management processes are properly followed
• Manage and monitor SLA’s.
• Manage compliance with Teradata ITS third-party application license agreements
• Partner with application vendors to deliver periodic strategic account reviews
• Manage and reduce technical debt
• Monitors team execution and ensures that procedures are effective and efficient via continuous improvement process
• Available to travel as required and allowed based on corporate guidelines for successful delivery of initiatives; Domestic Travel:10-15%, International Travel for this role is possible, although generally infrequent. All safety considerations will be considered regarding COVID-19.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
• Experience at the Senior Business Systems Analyst role for a global services team covering the functions of support, design/development, project implementation, and strategic vision
• Experience with global services technology platforms such as but not limited to Oracle ERP, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Seismic and other integrated technologies and installed applications with global user scope of more than 250+ users and multiple time zones
o 3+ years of prior experience with global services technology platforms or applicable SaaS platforms
o 3+ years of prior Business Systems Analyst role with a large global services organization
o 3+ years of experience establishing and maturing key business stakeholder relationships
• Expert level communications agent with proven, seasoned expertise in managing efforts across silos as well as upwards to senior leaders of the company
• Seasoned with diverse systems landscapes and integration needs within the global services technology ecosystem
• Minimum BS/BA in business or a technical field with 3+ years of directly relevant experience.
• Master’s degree in a technology discipline a plus
• Comprehensive and demonstrable understanding and experience in managing technology services and programs for global services teams
• Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
• Demonstrated success in managing and developing highly skilled global services technologists
• Ability to address and resolve difficult situations even under time pressure, and priority conflicts
• Strong Program/Project Management Skills - Demonstrated success in large project implementations with a global footprint
• Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
• Vast and demonstrated experience leading, collaborating, and supporting business leaders within a large corporate environment
• Demonstrated ability to influence and manage the expectations of stakeholders, team members, management, and external partners
• Data driven leadership style driving change and adoption of key business processes and global services platform technologies utilizing business data and related key performance indicators
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Systems Analyst - Consulting Services
Job Category: IT
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US