Senior Analyst, Security Contract Manager
Location: London, UK
Requisition Number: 215709
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Role – Senior Analyst, Security Contract Manager (IC)
The Information Security Contract Manager position will provide effective counseling, drafting, review, and negotiation of Privacy and Security terms for our sales agreements with commercial and government entities. This individual will partner with our Sales, Legal, Product, and Finance teams to ensure that the Privacy and Security terms of our agreements meet customer expectations and business requirements.
Candidates must have experience and knowledge of industry information security standards The ideal candidate must possess a commitment and dedication to meeting deadlines and the drive to consistently exceed client expectation. This position relies heavily upon strong communication skills to a wide variety of audiences and is a key resource in the ongoing management of customer and vendor relationships and will interface frequently with prospective and existing customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Review, edit and negotiate agreements, letters and other documents, including those relating to sales to end-user customers, relationships with partners, and prime contractors
- Review and draft responses to customer-proposed privacy and security terms and conditions contained in requests for proposals, invitations to bid and related documents
- Responsible for working with Chief Information Security Officer, Legal, and Sales to maximize standardization opportunities under structured agreements and minimize the need for ad hoc or local agreements.
- Support business stakeholders in conducting privacy assessments and contribute to remediation of identified gaps
- Oversee compliance with applicable internal policies and laws, rules and regulations
- Meet with and advise clients on commercial contracting issues
- Ensure all business and data management processes reflect privacy requirements
- Lead research and communications in response to privacy-related events or Customer and Government inquiries
- Assist in developing contracting templates and standards
- Develop strong strategic relationships with clients
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
- Qualified candidates must have 5-10 years of commercial contract drafting experience with at least 5 years of experience with IT contracts, including reviewing, negotiating and drafting software licensing agreements, IT sales agreements, cloud, and software as a service agreements and service/consulting agreements.
- Understanding of Privacy laws and regulations
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to rapidly changing schedules, priorities and workflows
- A general understanding of cloud privacy and security contract challenges
- Experience presenting and communicating to Customers and Executive Management
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with technical and non-technical resources
- Ability to generate a quality work product in a timely manner while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Analyst, Security Contract Manager
Job Category: Security
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB