Sr Staff Solutions Analyst
Multiple Locations: San Diego, CA, USA • Mexico
Requisition Number: 215700
Senior Staff Solution Analyst
Location: US - Remote
Our mission is to build out a world-class analytics ecosystem for the industry leader for mega-scale Analytics platforms. Teradata is looking for talents with a passion for taming enterprise data at scale with innovative technologies, built on robust application frameworks to accelerate delivery and simplify operations. Leverage your skills in building analytics applications to drive Teradata’s business and provide a reference architecture for the future of the Analytics Ecosystem.
Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Transcend is a highly optimized delivery organization building an analytic platform that is truly customer zero for Teradata and recognized as being the best-in-class analytic ecosystem. We achieve this by focusing on providing a technical analytic ecosystem that is recognized as best in-class and positioned to be customer zero for Teradata released products. Transcend places an emphasis on Data Management and Self-Service by defining and securing our data for authorized resources all while simplifying access by providing data in a self-service environment. Executing on an Analytic Delivery Roadmap allows us to provide actionable insights to our business stakeholders. Transcend is committed to both operational and development excellence. This is achieved by creating an efficient and effective environment that provides world class development, maintenance and support for our Transcend customers.
- Take the product owner role for the scrum team
- Manage the project/product delivery lifecycle
- Managing business stakeholders and responsible for all business facing communication.
- Lead data warehouse integration / reporting/ improvement projects from start to finish including defining scope, gathering requirements, working with engineers, data modelers and architects to implement optimal solutions, perform testing, support production releases and communication of releases.
- Help to design, develop, test, and implement tables, views, operational reporting, scorecards, and dashboards to support internal business customers
- Use the data to analyze, interpret and solve complex business problems.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise and independently solve problems
- Prepare documentation on all projects support eventual productization of processes and services of the analytics platform product.
- Share knowledge of analytics and data in area of specialty
- Structured Thinking and Presentation - comfort dealing with ambiguity and ability to provide structure and frame thinking logically and effectively.
- Broad program management experience - ability to navigate Heritage, Hybrid and Agile methodologies
- Excellent business analysis skills including understanding Data in relation to the business and profiling the data to produce detailed artifacts for engineering.
- Exposure and experience defining new products, features and data systems to meet the business needs of a diverse set of stakeholders. Skill in analytics, modeling and data applications concepts for large bigdata environments.
- In depth knowledge of data system design for data mining, modeling, reporting and analytics. Strong experience authoring technical documentation guiding the product development lifecycle for data products and self service analytics solutions
- Be expert with the business process and data knowledge, understand the upstream system, govern the critical foundation data
- Experience eliminating roadblocks for technical staff and tracking detailed development of large numbers of deliverables at the same time.
- Understand with data visualization, data mining and statistical modeling
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- “Can do” attitude, team player, energetic personality, works well under pressure in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- 15+ years of experience in a hands-on data application related business system analysis, data analytics role
- 8+ years of experience in a product owner or program management role
- Multiple full-lifecycle system implementations in a data environment
- Fluent in SQL and relational databases
- Hands on experience with PowerBI or other data visualization tools
- Familiar with business analytics and data science.
- Bachelor's Degree above or equivalent. Computer Science, Math or Statistics preferred
This position requires an individual who is experienced with supporting new system development with requirements and documentation and enhancing existing systems. The solution analysts should have skill at technical document authoring, writing, and analyzing SQL to validate results, and interfacing with various stakeholders across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge and experience understanding and documenting the design of new data products, write excellent technical documentation, and will be equally comfortable interfacing with business users and technical staff. Previous experience in environments with big data platforms like Teradata and Hadoop is highly desirable.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Staff Solutions Analyst
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US