Staff Data Framework Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 215688
Staff Data Framework Engineer
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
Our mission is to build out the world-class analytics ecosystem for the industry leader for mega-scale Analytics platforms. Teradata is looking for engineers with a passion for taming enterprise data at scale with innovative technologies, built on robust application frameworks, to accelerate delivery and simplify operations. We would leverage your skills in building frameworks that empower analytics applications to drive Teradata’s business and provide a reference architecture for the future of the Analytics Ecosystem.
The Teradata Staff Data Framework Engineer will lead the building of frameworks that empower analytics applications across the following areas, while working to enhance existing application frameworks with capabilities to support new or evolved requirements:
- Data Ingestion: Build, enhance and support frameworks for acquiring data from batch and stream sources, interpreting the data in-flight and loading asynchronously into multiple data management platforms.
- Data Services: Applications for presenting data for programmatic consumption, including complex analytical data services in near real-time with millisecond latency to support in-flight business operations and autonomous decisioning.
- Interpret requirements, design, develop, test, and release framework applications leveraging an agile methodology.
- Drive collaboration with product managers, data engineers, and customers on application requirements and success criteria.
- Collaborate with architects and other engineers on application design and framework enhancements.
- Scope engineering effort and work with project team on overall roadmap and agile planning.
- Drive collaboration with operations and on-call teams to provide on-going support and enhancements for deployed applications.
- 8+ years of experience with relational data processing (SQL, RDBMS).
- 6+ years of experience with consuming & publishing data from streaming technologies (Kafka), Java APIs, REST APIs, and/or other services.
- 6+ years of experience in coding using Java, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker and related technologies.
- 2+ years of experience with web frameworks like AngularJS, NodeJS and data visualization JS libraries
- 6+ years of programming experience (Unix/C/Java/Scala/Python/…)
- 6+ years of experience with data processing at scale (parallel processing technologies)
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills within a project team and across teams.
- Experience with modular design and code re-use.
- Experience with agile and waterfall project development methodologies.
- Experience with Teradata RDBMS is a plus.
- Experience with cloud technologies is a plus.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Data Framework Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US