VP, Platform Design and Customer Experience
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 215670
- Nationwide, Remote
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is a multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data. As enterprises face up to the demands of today’s digitalized and highly disruptive economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations. Every company is turning to data to meet these demands and power their future. Teradata continues to set itself apart as THE hybrid multi-cloud solution, breaking away from competition and setting new standards for enterprise analytics in the cloud.
In support of this cloud-first growth strategy, Teradata is seeking a results-oriented, proven executive that can develop and execute the Vision and Strategy focused on Platform Design and Customer Experience across the end user value chain. We are looking for someone with strong experience in a dynamic SaaS/PaaS, Cloud/Data/Analytics business environment with the ability to drive customer engagement across the life cycle – Try, Buy, Activate, Billing & Renewals. This executive would lead our global Platform, Experience Design, and UX/UI teams and inspire Teradata to create a world-class product experience that delight our customers and reimagine the industry.
- Build a world-class, customer-focused, innovative organization that drives our transformation into an experience-led company and makes customer experience our competitive advantage
- Own & drive the evolution of the function in alignment with our strategy and values
- Create and communicate the vision, strategy, and execution roadmap across product platforms, design operations, customer experience, practice management, research & development
- Optimize the operating model to build and consistently deliver high-quality, best-in-class customer experiences at scale, across the globe
- Accelerate development of next-generation, human-centered design (HCD), product, and customer experiences that advance our brand, evolve our technology, and establish Teradata as an innovation powerhouse
- Envision and deliver a world-class platform backed by a highly extensible design system that highlights our platform features, tools & associated usage(docs.teradata.com)
- Define metrics for our platform, review customer data against metrics, focus on usage and experience data, active customer research, and successful competitive experiences.
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate effectively across the ecosystem working with Product Management, Product Engineering, Technology, and Innovation. Operations, IT, GTM, and Marketing
- Lead with clarity and purpose; responsible for a global team of ~60-80 designers, developers and engineers focused on platform, design, user experience, documentation, interfaces, and research
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong passion for our product, sense of ownership, bias for action, and accountability to customers
- Proven experience driving change, navigating organization dynamics, and influencing behaviors
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust, build credibility, collaborate across teams, and build consensus
- Ability to create and confidently tell a refined experience story to internal stakeholders, partners, customers & external media
- Deep domain expertise, industry knowledge, and insight into customer perspective/needs
- Strong executive presence, communication, interpersonal, and people management skills
- Proactively anticipating and responding to market trends, orientation, and competition
- Experience working effectively with stakeholders across large public/private matrixed organizations
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead diverse teams, and build a progressive, and inclusive culture
- Ability to make decisions with limited information, and work effectively through ambiguity
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Human Centered Design, Human-Computer Interaction) with 15+ years of managing and leading Products/Platform Design and/or UX/UI teams.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business is preferred.
The successful candidate will report directly to the EVP, Chief Product Officer, working from a Teradata facility or virtual, and may be expected to travel on business.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Platform Design and Customer Experience
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US