Database Product Management Intern - VantageCloud
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 215645
- United States, Remote
The Vantage Database team drives the vision and roadmap for the core of the Teradata product portfolio. Our groundbreaking product has been a 17 time leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Management Solutions for Analytics and is a leader in The Forrester Wave: Data Management for Analytics. We power $1.4B in annual recurring revenue and deliver business outcomes for companies with the world’s most complex data and analytics needs.
The thing we value most is delivering outcomes that matter. For our team, our company, and our customers. We work as a team, we are outcome driven, and we are accountable.
As the Cloud Database Product Management Intern, you will be responsible for Teradata flagship offering “VANTAGE”. You will contribute, as part of the Strategic Offer Management team, providing strategy and competitive insights for VANTAGE Besides Offering development and Product Requirements working with Product SOM. The position is for a highly motivated, creative individual that is goal-oriented, flexible and has strong attention-to-detail and analytical skills. As a Product Management Intern for the VANTAGE Database team you will:
- Work on new capabilities/features or services for Teradata Vantage offering tailored to specific industry segments.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Sales and Operations to define the go-to-market plan and product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers
- Translate Customer and Market requirements into product requirements that the engineering team can deliver within specification, on time, and within budget
- Create and deliver sales training for the direct sales force as well as partner sales forces and technical services and support teams
- Must be pursuing an MBA/MIS or relevant discipline
- Experience or familiarity with cloud service providers and on premises vs Cloud software offerings.
- Experience or familiarity in data-warehousing, data analytics, business intelligence, or offer/product
- Critical thinker with ability to research, prove hypothesis and sell ideas for strategic direction.
- Must be aware of Product strategy frameworks such as Diffusion modelling, Porters 5 forces etc.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to mediate in conflict situation
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation/delivery
- Must be enrolled in BS/MS/PhD degree program. With graduation dates between December 2023-June 2025.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Database Product Management Intern - VantageCloud
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US