File System/OFS Engineer Intern
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 215628
File System/OFS Engineer Intern
Location: El Segundo, CA - Remote
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. The location for this position will be anywhere in the US and virtual. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
The selected candidate will join the Teradata File System team in El Segundo, CA and participate in the development of the Teradata Parallel Database File System. Depending on when the candidate joins and which development phase is in progress, the candidate may be assigned one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Understand and analyze existing file system design/implementation and propose quality, performance, new features, or enhancements
- Analyze/diagnose/troubleshoot/debug internal and customer reported file system bugs/problems.
- Design, code, and test new file system features, enhancements, and bug fix solutions.
- Follow development process to document all tasks mentioned above.
- Coursework should include at a minimum discrete mathematics, software engineering, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, and computer architecture and organization
- Advanced coursework in operating systems, file systems, parallel architecture, database, i/o systems, or similar technologies/disciplines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Familiar with Unix(Linux) and Windows computing environment
- Strong C/C++ programming with emphasis on C low level data structures
- Participated/completed projects, work experience, and/or research interest in areas below.
- System software development for enterprise storage product with emphasis on persistence data life cycle management
- Multi user, multi-tasking server software internals development with emphasis on concurrency and locking protocols
- Relational database application or internals development with working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix development tools (compiler, system calls, debuggers like gdb, eclipse,…) and environment (i.e. shell commands and scripting, editor, MS Word, Outlook, etc)
- Experienced in developing under Clearcase, GitHub, or similar source control products
- Effectively debug and work with low level data structures (hex dumps of data structures in memory and on storage devices)
- Experienced in designing and implementing scalable web/cloud applications.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies.
Must be enrolled in BS/MS/PhD degree program. With graduation dates between December 2023-June 2025.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: File System/OFS Engineer Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US