Optimizer Test Engineering Intern
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 215576
Optimizer Test Engineering - Intern
Location: United States, Remote
Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
The main building block of Teradata is its SQL Engine. And the heart of Teradata SQL Engine is its best-in-class query optimization engine. We work on query optimization techniques, machine learning algorithms, scalability and elasticity issues, and many other exciting challenges. The query optimization group at Teradata has an opening for a software quality engineer to help in testing of new enhancements and advanced features for the Teradata SQL Engine.
As the Software Quality Engineer Intern, you will be responsible for working with the Teradata Query Optimization Team, leading in defining and maintaining the procedures and technologies for the testing functions of the project. Successful candidates would participate in our testing process and all the related technologies, environment and scenarios (including functional, performance, feature interaction, and regression testing) required to ensure a successful product development life-cycle and delivery. They will be well versed in working in and contributing to a fully agile and automated deployment and testing process.
Your Business Objectives would include
- Contribute to the testing effort for complex features which includes designing test scenarios, creating test plans, implementing, automating, executing test cases, and reporting software defects.
- Conduct performance testing and competitive benchmarking by doing performance analysis and Optimizer join plan analysis to determine usage of the features.
- Isolate problems and aid in debugging
- Develop automated tests for features which manage, distribute and monitor computation across distributed systems in virtual, bare metal on-premise or in the Cloud environments.
- Create and improve test frameworks to satisfy automation and reporting.
- Create and improve database schemas and functional test modules for re-use and testing of future features.
- Interact with engineers from other organizations to simulate internal and customer-like test scenarios which help validate the product.
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the software development process.
- Work on test enhancements and quality initiatives to improve the quality of the features and product.
- Identify feature interactions and develop feature interaction tests considering various dimensions such as query, feature, supportability, software module, configuration, physical database design, and data.
- Be a full-time student in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- A passion for software quality
- Some database knowledge
- Experience using Github for source control management.
- Ability to work in a small team of development and quality engineers focused on testing a related set of features.
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience in an Agile development process such as Scrum.
- Working knowledge and experience with Linux/UNIX operating systems and shell scripting (bourne, c-shell, k-shell) required.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Ruby, or GO programming languages.
- Knowledge of network protocols and operation.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance methodology.
- Exposure to testing software in cloud environments.
- Experience with test automation is highly preferred.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Optimizer Test Engineering Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US