UX Design Intern
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 215561
Job Title: UX Design Intern
Location: United States, Virtual
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
The Teradata Experience Engineering team is the driving factor to pivot Teradata to a world-class, customer-centric technology company, that transforms how business work and people live through the power of data. We relentlessly focus on customer needs, drastically reduce the complexity of our product and services, and expedite business outcomes for every customer we serve.
This internship will provide you the opportunity to strengthen your professional skills and gain valuable experience working with a leading cloud analytical solution. You will work with a distributed and global design and research team responsible for designing Teradata’s cloud software used by our international customer base. During the internship, you will build empathy for our users so that you may help design a more desirable piece of software, enabling our users to deliver the outcomes they are trying to achieve.
- Must be enrolled in BA/BS/MS/PhD degree HCI, UX Design, or other closely related program, with graduation dates between December 2023-June 2025.
- Able to foster empathy with users and their needs
- Basic understanding of how to use research to inform your design decisions
- Capable of taking direction from others and collaborating with other people on the team, in a virtual setting
- Experience using visual design software (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.)
- Experience creating wireframes and user flows
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Portfolio of course work demonstrating applied knowledge of user experience design principles
- Basic understanding of how to conduct user research through a variety of different methods
- Basic understanding of how to use user personas within design work
- Basic understanding of the various iterative methods used for design
- Basic proficiency using Figma
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: UX Design Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US