OpenAF Serverless Intern
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 215464
OpenAF Serverless on GC - Intern
Location: United States, Remote
With 7,000 employees in 40+ countries, Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
Our Internship Program:
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. We offer a fast-paced, flexible, fun environment where you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects and face new challenges every day. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. This is what sets apart the dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
We are a market leader and innovator in advanced analytics, and in the management of a variety of structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data. We help bring analytic insights to enterprises via powerful products such as the massively-parallel, linearly-scalable Teradata Database and the Analytic Engine that seamlessly combine best-in-class data storage and warehousing capabilities with leading-edge analytics.
The Advanced analytics group at Teradata has an opening for Software Engineer Intern in the Data Science and Language group; you are expected to contribute to the design, development, and testing of new enhancements and advanced features for Teradata Vantage.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Design and implement clean and scalable public and inter-services API’s
- Build a scalable interface for modern analytics product
- Operate from an Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- Have a spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- Display a natural curiosity for new scripting languages, frameworks, and technologies
- Work with industry leading data science workbench product to enhance their integration with Vantage.
- Maintain high personal coding and development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc.)
- Adhere to Teradata’s guidelines and design constraints for building reusable and extensible features that utilize other Teradata shared services
Your Experience, skills, and knowledge requirements:
- Top-notch programming skills in Python, Java; some SQL preferred
- Passionate, self-motivated, risk taker, proactive, initiative taker, good communicator (both written and verbal), creative, and team-oriented
- Familiarity with database technologies, Data Science workbenches, user interfaces
- Some experience using Agile software development methods and tools
Must be enrolled in BS/MS/PhD degree program. With graduation dates between December 2023-June 2025.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: OpenAF Serverless Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US