Test Engineering Intern
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 215458
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. The location for this position will be virtual as Teradata has not fully re-opened offices yet. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
We are the cloud incubation team, Antares if you will. What does that mean? We are responsible for marrying the Teradata database and the cloud and establishing Teradata as a leader in the cloud space. Antares focuses on aligning the relational engine to work well in the cloud. Key areas include file system, compute, storage, new kinds of nodes as well as other interesting focal points. Projects can be in such exciting areas as:
- AWS: Provisioning and using APIs, Lambdas, Fargates and other functions
- Memory management and reading and writing Parquet and other data formats
- Kafka, Kinesis and Streaming into the database
- Separation of Compute and Storage
- Pattern matching for caching
- Database optimization
- SQL Engine enhancements
In addition to being a valued part of our group, you will also be part of a smaller, agile team composed of junior and senior engineers working in one of the workflows.
Test some or all of the following: new test assets, automation, pipelines, test frameworks, performance analysis or a combination of these.
- Currently in college working towards a BS, MS or PhD in a computer related field.
- Coursework requiring development in languages such as C/C++, Python, or Go
- Coursework requiring SQL and application of RDBMS or cloud-based concepts and best practices
- Experience working in AGILE software development model through team project-based coursework.
- Quickly able to learn, leverage and incorporate new technology and methodologies on own initiative.
- Application of theoretical knowledge in interpreting data and results by systematically breaking down information in a communicable manner.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Test Engineering Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US