Cloud Sr Manager SRE & DevOps
Multiple Locations: San Diego, CA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Miami, FL, USA • Tampa, FL, USA • Atlanta, GA, USA • Chicago, IL, USA • Boston, MA, USA • Minneapolis, MN, USA • New York, NY, USA • Charlotte, NC, USA • Raleigh, NC, USA • Columbus, OH, USA • Portland, OR, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Dallas, TX, USA • Houston, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Phoenix, AZ, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA • Sacramento, CA, USA • Pennsylvania, USA
Requisition Number: 215439
Cloud Sr Manager SRE & DevOps
Location: USA (Remote)
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with Data and Analytics in the Cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their Analytics needs with Cloud based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata Cloud.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data Analytics and Discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data Analytics Platform to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
We are seeking an experienced leader of our SRE & DevOps practice within the Cloud Operations organization. The ideal candidate will leverage their technical acumen to design, develop, implement, and support our Cloud platform for our current and future offerings. We are looking for candidates that understand owning a service from end to end, can prosper in a highly distributed and dynamic environment, and enable fast paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. Along with systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who are open and passionate about exploring modern technologies to deliver a world class experience to our customers.
- Lead and grow a dynamic cross functional, global team with clear articulation of expectations on accountability
- Be a hands-on player to drive by example. This role requires hands-on expertise in multi-cloud environments
- Manage the end-to-end process for SRE, with a key focus on providing world class customer experience leveraging toil reduction, infrastructure as code and automation of workstreams
- Support Cloud Infrastructure and customer systems in the automation of system updates and configuration changes required to support best practices and security compliance.
- Work with cloud and security architecture teams in specifying technical requirements
- Provide level of escalation in response to incidents/requests regarding performance and configuration, including off hour’s escalations.
- Act as a coach and mentor for SRE and DevOps engineers within Cloud Operations.
- Maintain system architecture documentation, run-books, diagrams, and assets in the configuration management database.
- Develop and continually improve guidelines and procedures related to system management including process and efficiency improvements.
- Lead a cross functional, global team
- Create and foster a growth culture to support continual upskilling
- Support the team members with their career objectives and growth
- Degree in computer science or relevant field preferrable
- 15+ years of experience in job-specific skills
- 10+ years of experience in leading and managing teams
- 8+ years of hands-on experience developing infrastructure as code, ci/cd, monitoring in a multi-cloud environment
- 8+ years of experience in services automation and orchestration efforts
- Strong DevOps fundamentals and experience in building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems in on-prem and public cloud environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding nuances of release engineering and penchant to be an advocate for stringent testing and validation policies
- Experience with multi-cloud support and troubleshooting
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools like New Relic, Nagios, CloudWatch, or DataDog.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Extensive experience with at least one Public Cloud Provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Awareness of emerging issues, regulations, and industry trends in SRE
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform related certifications
- Experience in data warehousing and high-performance computing
If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you. Come join us in helping the world’s largest organizations get the most out of their data and analytics at scale!
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Sr Manager SRE & DevOps
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US