Senior Data Scientist
Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Requisition Number: 215437
Data Science teams at Teradata deliver business insights and value to clients through big data analytics. Our data solutions integrate into engineering and decision-making processes. Additionally, we offer advisory services to our clients including use case prioritization, tool selection, training, and capability definitions.
Teradata is expanding its data science team in Cairo.
We are looking for data scientists that are…
- Highly self-motivated
- Keen on learning and continuous self-development
- Challengers of assumptions and status quo
As a data scientist, you will independently and as part of a team:
- Perform all the phases of a data science project: business understanding, data understanding and preparation, exploratory analysis, modeling, model evaluation, communicating results and business value of a model to the client and finally deploying your data product.
- Follow team development processes.
- Based on the nature of the project and the available tools, quickly learn and adapt to different technologies and tools than the ones you are used to.
As a senior, you are expected to:
- Lead and mentor data scientists in client projects
- Focus on the business value of the data product
- Interface more frequently with clients
- Improve team processes
- Be tools agnostic
- Sc. or equivalent working experience in data science / machine learning
- Analytical rigor
- Proficient in either R or Python
- Intermediate level in either C, Java, C++, or C#
- Intermediate level in SQL
- Intermediate level in Matlab
- Software engineering knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical & business presentation skills
- Ability to conduct pre-sales presentations
- Sc. or Ph.D. in machine learning or a relevant discipline.
- Solid understanding of deep learning techniques
- Expert level in Python including Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn
- Expert level in SQL and R
- Software engineering background (Agile methodologies, Git, continuous development, etc.)
- Familiar with PySpark and MLlib
- Familiar with Excel, Tableau or PowerBI for visualization
- Familiar with SPSS Modeler and SAS Enterprise Miner for modeling
- Familiar with SAS and SPSS Statistics for statistical analysis
- Familiar with either Teradata, Oracle, or Microsoft SQL Server
- Specialized in a data science area such as NLP, Speech recognition, or image processing
- Have considerable experience in any of the following domains: telco, government, or banking
- Professional consulting background at the corporate level
- Excellent sales and public speaking skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG