Sr. Pre-sales Consultant
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 215423
Job Title: Senior Pre-sales Consultant
Location: United States, Remote
The Vantage Advanced Analytics Product Management team drives the vision and roadmap for Teradata’s analytic capabilities, from our analytic engine to partner integrations. We work cross-functionally across most parts of the business to deliver outcomes that matter for our customers, our company, and our team. We work as a team and are outcome driven. Teradata is seeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced team member to help us deliver industry leading analytic capabilities in the Vantage platform. As a member of the Vantage Advanced Analytics Product Management Team, you will be shaping the Teradata’s analytic strategy.
You'll be a leader in driving adoption our Vantage in-database analytic capabilities with your strong analytical and data science skills. This role will include significant interaction with our customers and cross-functional Teradata teams. These supporting activities will be essential to the execution of the job role, including developing demos and delivering training material for our customers and sales teams, and actively participates with prototypes and POCs for new features. The dynamic nature of our high growth business means that the successful candidate loves the challenge of constant change and easily adapts to shifting business priorities. You will:
• Leverage knowledge and understanding of data analytics and methodologies to develop and interpret analytic output in order to assist client management with decision making, policy formulation, or other management functions including selection of Teradata products and services.
• Collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products.
• Design and implement analytical projects using leading analytic software in conjunction with Teradata database and products.
• Provide technical guidance to clients so they may make the best decisions possible using Teradata software and advanced analytic techniques.
• Achieve defined project goals within customer deadlines.
• Strong understanding of Teradata Vantage product portfolio, especially analytic features
• Minimum of 10 years in design, development, and implementation of advanced analytic solutions
• Data mining/Data Science, statistical modeling, econometrics, and quantitative analysis
• Proven hands-on experience in the application of advanced analytical tools and data platforms such as Teradata, Hadoop, SAS, R, IBM/SPSS, Python, and Fuzzy Logix
• Working with customers, from developers and database operations personnel, through senior management in order to understand customer needs and market opportunities
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
• Good communicator who is able to speak to team members of all levels
• Strong bias for action with a willingness to challenge the status quo
• Ability to self-manage multiple projects to deliverables
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Pre-sales Consultant
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US