Contingent Labor & HR Services Category Leader
Multiple Locations: San Diego, CA, USA • Atlanta, GA, USA • Dallas, TX, USA • United States
Requisition Number: 215410
Contingent Labor & HR Services Category Leader
Location: Virtual, US
- Indirect Procurement at Teradata is changing for the better. We are evolving the function from a reactive, transactional organization to become a proactive, strategic, world class, value adding business partner. The transformation of Sourcing and Procurement at Teradata is a key enabler of Teradata’s vision and strategy to improve profitability of the company.
- You will report to the Director, Sourcing & Category Management. Your mission will be to manage the Temp Staffing, Consulting, Outsourced Services and HR Services Categories, and enable Procurement to deliver on savings, cash management, and partnership commitments with scale and agility.
- You are a recognized expert in Strategic Sourcing and Category Management for Temp Staffing, Consulting, Outsourced Services and HR Services Categories.
- You bring an outside-in perspective and have successfully managed relationships with and influenced internal and external stakeholders at all levels (Particular focus on relationships with HR Leadership and other workforce strategy / outsourcing decision makers.)
- You have successfully developed and managed relationships with major Temp Staffing, Consulting, Outsourced Services and HR Services Suppliers
- You have an expert level understanding of the value drivers and cost levers associated with Temp Staffing, Consulting, Outsourced Services, and HR Services categories
- You have successfully negotiated large, complex, outcome-based SOWs based on total value of ownership, and delivered measurable results
- You have experience successfully implementing your strategies via Managed Service Providers and Vendor Management Systems
- You will be accountable for all aspects of Stakeholder Management, Sourcing / Category Strategy, Supplier Management of Temp Staffing, Consulting, Outsourced Services and HR Services Categories.
- You will develop and manage stakeholder relationships, and influence stakeholders to align with industry best practices in support of applicable Teradata strategies
- You will manage enterprise-wide relationships with suppliers ranging from Temp Staffing providers to Consulting Suppliers to Outsourcing Partners to Benefits suppliers for Teradata’s advantage
- Lead financial, demand/supply, and market analysis
- Lead and conduct spend analysis
- Innovate, lead development of, and oversee the execution of leading-edge Category Strategies
- Understand, model, monitor, and build plans / make recommendations based on trends in underlying cost and value drivers
- Synthesize disparate internal and external data to develop negotiation strategies
- Develop and execute complex negotiations and sourcing events
- Own commercial terms and lead contractual negotiation to Teradata’s advantage with suppliers
- Deliver sustainable and significant year over year cost savings
- Innovate to enable / accelerate Teradata’s workforce strategies
- Innovate on category-specific sourcing best practices lead peers by example
- You will bring a structured and programmatic approach to delivering value to the business
- Lead other (frequently cross-functional) projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years of experience in Sourcing and Supply Chain, with 5+ years managing Staffing / Contingent Labor / HR Services Categories or equivalent industry experience and market knowledge with Temp Staffing, Consulting, Outsourced Services and HR Services
- Prefer experience standing up a Contingent Labor / Managed Staffing Program Globally
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- CCWP Preferred
- PMI Certification Preferred
- Demonstrated experience evolving management of complex spend categories from reactive to strategic
- Demonstrated experience delivering expert level results in stakeholder management, strategy development, and negotiation
- Demonstrated experience building productive relationships with C-level executives managing P&L supported by the categories you manage
- Exceptional communications skills
- Experience influencing peers, stakeholders, and management at all levels with no formal authority
- Experience with continuous improvement / six-sigma certification preferred
- Expertise in Source to Contract process innovation and best practices
- Experience with sourcing, workflow management, CLM, CRM, SRM, VMS and other Procurement tools
- Consultative skills (Understanding of stakeholder business objectives and ability to provide guidance, advice and services based on stakeholder objectives)
- Service Delivery mindset and resourcefulness
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Contingent Labor & HR Services Category Leader
Job Category: Finance
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US