Senior Delivery Consultant
Multiple Locations: Columbia, SC, USA • Chicago, IL, USA
Requisition Number: 215400
The Senior Delivery Consultant will be responsible for post-sales technical delivery of data and analytic implementation projects within the Americas region. In this role you will be responsible for delivering individually or leading project teams of up to 8 to 10 resources to implement solutions ranging from Cloud Migration to various forms of Ecosystem Modernization. The Consultant may develop code that will be used for and during the effort and will be required to assist in the creation of project plans, business requirement documents, and implementation collateral.
- Support client-facing teams in all areas related to consulting services, including scoping, estimation, and implementation. This includes the engagement with and contributions to various TD Centers of Expertise (COE)
- Lead teams on one or more projects, sometimes concurrently
- Collect, curate, and refine assets and other Teradata intellectual property, and promote its use across the company and with customers
- Share best practices across the company for others to follow
- Develop and document assets for specific customer engagements as well as regular reuse
- Facilitate and foster collaboration from team members to develop best-in-class solutions to customer problems
- Work with stakeholder to produce and refine technical requirement specifications that can be utilized as a blueprint for subsequent implementation
- Support project manager, architects, and technical consultants in all aspect of post-sale implementation of a project, including the critical preparation for project kickoff and wrap up
- Analyze and refine the client’s requirements within the context of their business, with the ability to assess the opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of a potential solution
- Use logical, sound judgment, and experience to determine the appropriate course of action based on various scenarios, procedures, and guidelines for a given situation
- Gather and use information needed to develop effective solutions to complete deliverable tasks in a project.
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, or similar technical discipline
- 15+ years of work experience in a technical consulting or hands on information technology role, supplemented with continuous education in business strategies, design concepts, methodologies, and technologies
- Significant experience developing with programming languages such as Java, Python, Perl, shell scripting, and SQL
- Strong front-of-room and 1:1 communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop trust, build consensus, and drive actionable outcomes
- Ability to Present yourself, Teradata, and our Consulting Delivery organization to customers and prospects in a positive manor at all times, including when circumstances are difficult
- Ability to travel, at times up to 80%, while also performing in a virtual environment, supporting customer and internal projects across the Americas region
- Experience leading and guiding large teams within a delivery project, including onshore and offshore resources
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, as well as take control of a chaotic situation and return it order
- Significant hands-on experience in Teradata technologies, including Teradata Vantage data platform, Data Mover, QueryGrid, MDM/RDM, VCX, and/or CIM
- 10+ years of hand-on experience in partner and competitor technologies, such as Informatica, DataStage, AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, Snowflake, Redshift, Synapse, and/or Big Query
- Strong Architecture mindset with 5+ years of experience turning problem statements into well designed solution opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to influence and convince a customer to act upon your recommendations, whether they be around technical design alternatives of an inflight engagement or upselling the value proposition of a potential new engagement while actively delivering a project
CountryEEOText_Description: Our Culture We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are. Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: South Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Delivery Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbia, South Carolina US