Multiple Locations: San Diego, CA, USA • Chicago, IL, USA
Requisition Number: 215399
The Delivery Consultant will be responsible for post-sales technical delivery of data and analytic implementation projects within the Americas region. In this role you will be responsible for delivering individually or leading project teams of up to 4 to 6 resources to implement solutions ranging from Cloud Migration to various forms of Ecosystem Modernization. The Consultant may develop code that will be used for and during the effort and will be required to assist in the creation of project plans, business requirement documents, and implementation collateral.
- Support client-facing teams in all areas related to consulting services, primarily focused on implementation but also providing input to scoping and estimation efforts as required. This includes the engagement with and contributions to various TD Centers of Expertise (COE)
- Lead a small team during implementation projects, often involving geographically dispersed team members around the globe
- Collect, curate, and refine assets and other Teradata intellectual property, and promote its use across the company and with customers
- Share best practices across the company for others to follow
- Develop and document assets for specific customer engagements as well as regular reuse
- Contribute to collaborative team efforts to develop best-in-class solutions to customer problems
- Work with stakeholder to produce and refine technical requirement specifications
- Support project manager, architects, and Technical Lead consultants in the implementation of a project
- Analyze and refine the client’s requirements in the context of technical design alternatives with the ability to discern the pros and cons of each approach
- Use logical, sound judgment, and experience to determine the appropriate course of action based on various scenarios, procedures, and guidelines for a given situation
- Gather and use information needed to develop effective solutions to complete deliverable tasks in a project.
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, or similar technical discipline
- 10+ years of work experience in a technical consulting or hands on information technology role, supplemented with continuous education in business strategies, design concepts, methodologies, and technologies
- Significant experience developing with programming languages such as Java, Python, Perl, shell scripting, and SQL
- Demonstrated front-of-room and 1:1 communication skills
- Ability to Present yourself, Teradata, and our Consulting Delivery organization to customers and prospects in a positive manor at all times, including when circumstances are difficult
- Ability to travel, at times up to 80%, while also performing in a virtual environment, supporting customer and internal projects across the Americas region
- Experience leading and guiding small to medium teams within a delivery project, including onshore and offshore resources
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, as well as providing the leadership and decision making presence within a team
- Significant hands-on experience in Teradata technologies, including Teradata Vantage data platform, Data Mover, QueryGrid, MDM/RDM, VCX, and/or CIM
- 5+ years of hand-on experience in partner and competitor technologies, such as Informatica, DataStage, AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, Snowflake, Redshift, Synapse, and/or Big Query
- Demonstrated ability to influence and convince a customer to act upon technical design recommendations
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Delivery Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US