Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Requisition Number: 215386
With 7,000 employees in 40+ countries, Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Vantage Cloud Product Management team drives the vision and roadmap for the core of the Teradata product portfolio. Our groundbreaking product has been a 17-time leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Management Solutions for Analytics and is a leader in The Forrester Wave: Data Management for Analytics. We power $1.4B in annual recurring revenue and deliver business outcomes for companies with the world’s most complex data and analytics needs.
We deliver outcomes that matter. For our team, our company, and our customers. We work as a team, we are outcome driven, and we are accountable.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
Do you want to own part of the Teradata Vantage Data and Analytics platform? Do you want to drive the next generation of capabilities for a world class product? Do you want to drive faster actions and answers for the largest and most well-known companies around the globe? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics excite you? If so, this is your opportunity to make an impact.
- Define the strategy for ecosystem connectivity enabling Teradata to access & analyze data on various data sources with a special focus on modernizing our partner integrations for data integration
- Create strategic capabilities that will empower and delight business users to explore and share data and enable our customers harness the power of data to drive analytics
- Lead and execute the strategy for defining a cloud forward user experience for enabling data movement natively as well as with the partner ecosystem.
- Deeply empathize with users to build delightful user experiences that simplify the complex, traditional ecosystem connectivity.
- Evaluate field developed capabilities to productize and build business cases to support the same.
- Track and analyze key metrics for the product and the business and identify ways to improve them -gathering feedback from customers and design and run experiments to help decide between different product paths
- Own an area of the product and help shape the roadmap - working with our amazing engineering team to plan, build and deploy product features
- Define and measure the impact of what we build Communicate - helping communicate across the company what we are doing and why
- Work with our sales, growth, and support teams to coordinate product launches and support our customer base
BA/BS required; BS in Computer Science/Engineering, MS/ MBA preferred
- 7+ years of Product Management experience in a software technology business or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong background with Azure, GCP and / or Amazon Web Services Cloud Platforms
- Strong background on data integration products like informatica , Fivetran, etc
- Proven experience defining cloud native user experience including APIs/
- Ability to create and own the product vision, roadmap and manage the product backlog from user centric perspective
- Ability to prioritize the requirements in the context of the entire portfolio
- Proven track record of taking a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market
- Analytical background sufficient for pricing / margin / elasticity analysis
- Proven ability to manage and scale a business from a product management perspective
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate complex concepts to management, team members as well as non-technical audiences
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence business results where cross group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- Hands on experience with public cloud technology, and a good technical understanding of storage technologies.
- Ability to analyze competitors, do SWOT analysis, and estimate market potential of feature and product
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment
- This position is based in Teradata's research and development main campus in San Diego, CA, with an option to be based out of Seattle WA
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager
Job Category: Product Management
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US