Mainframe Application Support
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 215377
Role: Mainframe Application Support
The GDC Managed Services Mainframe Support role is for operations support.
Job Summary: -
This main responsibility of this role is to maintain and support mainframe systems for Teradata Customers. Associate should be well versed with the fundamentals of mainframe/Linux and should be able to identify and resolve system issues for optimum performance and quality controls.
Technical Skills: -
• Experience with Administration on distributed Systems
• BMC Accreditation/Certification would be preferred
• Experience in Deployment of BMC Mainframe packages from scratch and also upgrading activities
• Sound knowledge on Mainframe architecture and supporting tools with Version 7, 8 and V9
• Should be capable of handling installation, upgrading, and maintaining Mainframe and related applications
• Mainframe Agent Installation, Configuration, and Deployment activities
• Troubleshooting of administrative issues in Mainframe environment
• Sound knowledge of Control modules/Application plugins (AFT, DB, Java, SAP)
• Experience on Add-Ons of Control-M
• Expected to have good understanding of Mainframe Architecture and Components, Connecting Components and Setup, Automated Workflow, Managing and Monitoring the Environment, Remote Hosts and Application Plug-ins, Mainframe Add-On Modules, Security and Auditing, Feature Management, Workload Management, Mainframe Reporting Facility, and Upgrading and Troubleshooting Control-M
• Should have at least 3-5 years of experience on Mainframe systems with preference to IBM.
• Working knowledge of features and operation of mainframes.
• Ensures the health and stability of mainframe.
• Ability to monitor processing in mainframe
• Good knowledge on applications and environment of Mainframe.
• Good knowledge of TSO/ISPF, JCL, Mainframe tools and utilities (SORT, SUPERC etc.)
• Nice to have knowledge on Mainframe file systems (VSAM/Non-VSAM etc.)
• Proficient in JCL with knowledge on job execution, DD statements, rules & structure, job cards, parameters and JCL submission.
• Good knowledge on ODBC/JDBC connections with mainframe systems.
• Interfacing techniques with DB2/IMS and related querying mechanisms.
• Good knowledge on TD utilities like BTEQ, MULTILOAD, FASTLOAD etc.
• Good knowledge on scheduling mainframe jobs via crontab or any other scheduler with preference to CA-7.
• Fair knowledge on COBOL statements to improve performance and support.
• Good Knowledge on LINUX/UNIX (shell commands) is and added advantage.
• Good to have knowledge of Zeke, DataStage, etc. and also have worked on mainframe application development for some time.
• Candidate should be able to work under pressure and work independently during shift and good to have some experience in leading offshore and onshore team.
Key Responsibilities: -
• Monitor the application for any failures and ensure that there is no delay on the batch cycle.
Using the Change & Problem Management Tools to perform any planned/unplanned maintenance.
• Handling of the Day-to-Day house-keeping tasks by using tools & scripts.
• Executing tickets / requests.
• Preparation of RCA for all major/minor incidents.
• Identify improvement opportunities in existing processes and recommend actions
• Build and deliver periodic SLA and other Reports to management.
• Coordination with Server managers/other teams and other stakeholders. Candidate having ITIL certification would be preferred.
• Candidate needs to be a quick learner and open to learn new technologies like, Hadoop, ansible, python, etc. as needed by project.
Must Have: -
• Must be willing to provide on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
• Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
Community / Marketing Title: Mainframe Application Support
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN