Senior DevOps Engineer
Multiple Locations: Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan • Pune, Maharashtra, India • San Diego, CA, USA • Singapore
Requisition Number: 215324
At Teradata, cloud computing continues to allow us to modernize and consolidate IT infrastructure, automate workloads, and pursue next-generation innovation. Technical enablement is transforming the way our customers/partners/employees are educated. We are innovating day by day our Hands-On Lab environments and to continue this transformation, we are looking for a creative senior DevOps engineer to manage the transition between business needs and software development. In this role, your duties will include supervising junior developers, developing & deploying software and configuring systems, and performing diagnostic tests throughout the stages of development. You will also be required to forecast delivery duration and infrastructure related costs.
To ensure success as a senior DevOps engineer, you should demonstrate extensive experience in DevOps engineering and managing junior developers. Outstanding senior DevOps engineers optimize and enhance software’s performance.
Senior DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Consulting with management on the operational requirements of software solutions.
- Contributing expertise on information system options, risk, and operational impact.
- Mentoring junior software developers in gaining experience and assuming DevOps responsibilities.
- Managing the deployment and delivery of solutions.
- Collaborating with developers on software requirements, reviewing their Pull Requests, merging code, managing releases and delivering software to Production.
- Improve and automate software development and delivery processes.
- Oversee infrastructure support to users i.e., Instructors and Students.
- Creating Proof of Concepts and enabling developers in converting them to business solutions.
- Completing code and script updates, as well as resolving product implementation errors.
- Overseeing routine maintenance procedures and performing diagnostic tests.
- Documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Conforming to best practices in network administration and cybersecurity.
Senior DevOps Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar.
- Extensive experience in DevOps engineering, team management, and collaboration.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Python and Angular, and writing code and scripts.
- Ability to oversee and mentor junior software developers, as well as report to management.
- Ability to automate business processes, gather test-stage data, and perform de-bugging.
- Ability to ensure smooth software deployment by maintaining CI/CD and improving the process.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and system observability.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices related to software development and cybersecurity.
- Ability to keep up with software development trends and innovation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Overall, 5-7 Year of experience in software and infrastructure domain.
- AWS & Azure certifications are a plus.
- CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, S3, Workspaces, CDK, etc.
- Passion to automate business workflows.
- Hands-on experience of micro-services, server-less, web services, API, REST, and RPC.
- Linux, Shell Scripting, Python, Ansible.
- Docker or Kubernetes
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Services
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK