Customer Success Manager
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Requisition Number: 215259
Customer Success Manager
The Customer Success Manager is a strategic customer facing position focused on increased adoption of Teradata technologies and value realization of their investment. You will advocate Teradata to drive success across multiple customer outcomes. The Customer Success Manager is highly respected for their knowledge, skills and empathy to meet their customers’ business challenges through the use of data and analytics at scale.
Our Customer Success Manager will operate as a trusted advisor focused on ensuring the customer gets access to the best knowledge of our solutions, Architectures, technical detail and delivery know how, that will ensure their success. The Customer Success Manager establishes and enhances customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty and provides technical expertise and a link to Teradata experts to assist customers in getting value out of their investment in Teradata.
Own the account strategy for engagement, adoption and success planning.
- Manage and curate existing customer relationships.
- Develop and establish new relationships to drive growth and adoption of current investment.
- Leverage strong executive relationships to drive CS and value activity
- Look for upselling / expansion opportunities
- Define and raise awareness of the value enabled from customers TD investment.
- Partner internally to ensure successful delivery of services and support functions
- You will have one or more target accounts where you will develop a relevant, actionable customer success plan.
- Inspire confidence and drive utilization of Teradata software and services through education and strategy sessions to ensure the customer is successful in their adoption of Teradata technology.
- Educate your customers on how to use Teradata solutions to solve their most demanding business issues.
- Serves as trusted technical advisor to client and facilitator of additional Teradata SMEs and functions.
- Increase feature adoption of Teradata software by positioning new features to enhance current and new analytical applications.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and credibility with customers from technical admin to C-Suite.
- Partner with the account team and renewal managers to ensure renewals are secured.
- Possess a keen interest in and understanding of developments in data and analytic technologies.
- Experience in promoting analytic solutions for large enterprises in either a pre-sales or customer success role
- Experience in Healthcare / Life Sciences industry preferred
- Must have experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- A clear, confident and persuasive communicator who can craft, summarize and deliver messaging for various groups of users, influencers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ability to understand customer’s needs and provide thought leadership to influence and build trust at different levels.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities across multiple customers.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills.
- Have a degree level qualification or relevant experience in computer science, software engineering, mathematics, management information systems or a related discipline.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50%. Generally, travel is around 50% when customer allow onsite access.
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
Grade and salary are commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience.
You will meet with customers and account teams in-person, and a small amount of local and international travel is needed from time to time for training purposes. The role allows for some flexibility of working hours in line with the immediate needs of your customers and the account team.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Success Manager
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chicago, Illinois US