Associate Data Engineer
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
Requisition Number: 215218
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of data warehouse solutions for company-wide application and managing large sets of structured and unstructured data. The candidate will be expected to analyze complex customer requirements and work with data warehouse architect to gather, define and document data transformation rules and its implementation. Data Engineers will be expected to have a broad understanding of the data acquisition and integration space and be able to weigh the pros and cons of different architectures and approaches.
You will have a chance to learn and work with multiple technologies and Thought Leaders in the domain.
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements
- ETL development using Informatica and 3rd party tools and utilities
- Write and optimize complex SQL and shell scripts
- Design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data
- Data ingestion pipelines and ETL processing, including low-latency data acquisition and stream processing
- Design and develop processes/procedures for integration of data warehouse solutions in an operative IT environment.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary configurations & infrastructure changes.
- Create and maintain technical documentation that is required in supporting solutions.
- Coordinate with customers to understand their requirements
- Provide direct support to the project lead and the solution delivery team.
- Readiness to travel to customer sites for short, medium or long-term engagements.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences or related field
- Hands on experience on all modules of Informatica Power Center (Designer, Workflow Manager, Repository Manager) along with detailed understanding of underlying architecture.
- Hands on experience with one or more ETL tools like Informatica, DataStage, Talend etc.
- Strong concepts of designing and developing ETL architectures.
- Strong RDBMS concepts and SQL development skills
- Good understanding of data modeling and mapping
- Experience with Data Integration from multiple data sources
- Working experience in one or more business areas like Telecom, Retail, Finance etc.
- Experience with one or more Cloud environments like AWS, Azure or GCP along with hands on experience with different cloud services.
- Software development experience, working with a variety of programming languages such as Java, AngularJS, C++, Python, Groovy etc.
- Good knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Pig, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Nifi
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with any of the Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera/Hortonworks
- Experience with Teradata tools and technologies will be a plus.
- Training/Certification on Teradata will be a plus.
- Good communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Proven experience in customer facing roles for large engagements and experience in working with delivery teams.
- Ability to solve problems using a creative and logical mind set
- Must be self-motivated, analytical, detail oriented, organized and pursue excellence on all tasks
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK