Associate Data Engineer
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
Requisition Number: 215218
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of data warehouse solutions for company-wide application and managing large sets of structured and unstructured data. The candidate will be expected to analyze complex customer requirements and work with data warehouse architect to gather, define and document data transformation rules and its implementation. Data Engineers will be expected to have a broad understanding of the data acquisition and integration space and be able to weigh the pros and cons of different architectures and approaches.
You will have a chance to learn and work with multiple technologies and Thought Leaders in the domain.
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements
- ETL development using Informatica and 3rd party tools and utilities
- Write and optimize complex SQL and shell scripts
- Design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data
- Data ingestion pipelines and ETL processing, including low-latency data acquisition and stream processing
- Design and develop processes/procedures for integration of data warehouse solutions in an operative IT environment.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary configurations & infrastructure changes.
- Create and maintain technical documentation that is required in supporting solutions.
- Coordinate with customers to understand their requirements
- Provide direct support to the project lead and the solution delivery team.
- Readiness to travel to customer sites for short, medium or long-term engagements.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences or related field
- Hands on experience on all modules of Informatica Power Center (Designer, Workflow Manager, Repository Manager) along with detailed understanding of underlying architecture.
- Hands on experience with one or more ETL tools like Informatica, DataStage, Talend etc.
- Strong concepts of designing and developing ETL architectures.
- Strong RDBMS concepts and SQL development skills
- Good understanding of data modeling and mapping
- Experience with Data Integration from multiple data sources
- Working experience in one or more business areas like Telecom, Retail, Finance etc.
- Experience with one or more Cloud environments like AWS, Azure or GCP along with hands on experience with different cloud services.
- Software development experience, working with a variety of programming languages such as Java, AngularJS, C++, Python, Groovy etc.
- Good knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Pig, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Nifi
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with any of the Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera/Hortonworks
- Experience with Teradata tools and technologies will be a plus.
- Training/Certification on Teradata will be a plus.
- Good communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Proven experience in customer facing roles for large engagements and experience in working with delivery teams.
- Ability to solve problems using a creative and logical mind set
- Must be self-motivated, analytical, detail oriented, organized and pursue excellence on all tasks
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK