Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Requisition Number: 215176
This is a primary selling role for Teradata into existing Teradata customer/s (the Territory). This role will be primarily focused on target accounts including but not limit to financial services, manufacturing and government customers.
The Account Director is responsible for effectively executing the sales process and managing new business development in the Territory. The role is responsible for maintaining, communicating and executing the sales plan for the Territory across the broader team.
This is a primary selling role that covers support and growth of existing Customers and potentially new Customer acquisition.
INTRODUCTION TO THE ROLE
Teradata seeks to appoint a key team member to assist in building on the successes of the existing sales team, with the aim of expanding its footprint and driving further growth and success.
A well-established team of Teradata Consulting Services consultants works closely within the account team to generate significant and sustainable consulting services revenues, and to develop strategic initiatives that exploit the value and capabilities of an ever-expanding Teradata Eco-system environment.
The key to success in this role is understanding the challenges and future direction of the industry segments, how these challenges apply to Teradata's customers and the value achieved for the customer in solving the challenges through solutions from Teradata and its primary partners. It is also key to be able to help the customer develop the business case by focusing on value creation.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Results and Growth
- ARR Growth goal attainment
- Continued capture of relevant data in the Teradata eco-system to enable the introduction of information and value-based business improvement programmes and projects.
- Strategic Prospecting
- Continuously research the relevant industry segment to be able to develop the value propositions for Teradata solutions,
- Utilise a structured approach and Teradata’s qualification tools for identifying and measuring the quality of potential new business initiatives,
- Develop an understanding of political relationships and their impact on buying behaviours within the account(s) to determine appropriate sales approaches for each level within the organisation,
- Develop a competitive sales strategy that anticipates competitor actions and places Teradata as the best in the market to meet customers tactical and strategic objectives.
- Sales call execution
- Effectively advise and influence the customer especially within the development of business needs, decision criteria, and creation of an ROI framework, through consultative selling techniques and relevant marketing/sales campaigns,
- Execute high-quality one on one discussions utilising advanced questioning and influencing skills with customer non-IT business leaders. The objective being to influence the corporate strategy regarding the use of Data and Analytics,
- Execute high-quality one on one discussions utilising advanced questioning and influencing skills with IT / CIO level managers,
- Before any sales call, plan for key outcomes and next steps that the customer will commit to performing after the sales call (advances),
- Presenting high quality, professional presentations, and proposal materials.
- Account planning
- Capture information in a constantly maintained Account Plan in accordance with the established Account Plan standard,
- Continuously engage the extended sales team in account planning and execution. Effectively utilise resources as required to best exploit available opportunities.
- Reporting, Administration and Training
- Complete, lock-off and submit a monthly outlook as required based on the Teradata fiscal calendar,
- Update Salesforce pipeline-management system tool at least weekly to maintain accurate opportunity forecast,
- Complete all assigned Area Ready to Sell (ARS) and other assigned training within the timeframes allotted.
- Account and Opportunity Management
- Maintain the Account Plan in accordance with the established Account Plan standard,
- Within (90 days) of account assignment of each Managed Account, develop and present for sign-off an Account Priorities and Objectives spreadsheet,
- Manage all opportunities in accordance with the Opportunity Management process, including the creation of Opportunity Plans, the scheduling of Early in the pipeline Opportunity reviews, the use of the Opportunity Analysis System, and the Bid Review Process,
- Work through the sales process with key players in a timely manner to minimize issues in the close of an order and ensure Teradata and customer objectives are met in the agreed timeframe,
- Continuously develop the account to ensure repeat business combined with a proactive focus on developing new business opportunities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a business/science related field (Marketing, Sales Management, Science) desired
- 10 years+ Solutions Sales experience,
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in the Cross sector Industry,
- Demonstrated results - please outline your quotas / achievements in your application,
- Experience in both Account Management and growth in large accounts and New Customer wins,
- Experience in selling complex technology solutions. E.g. SaaS, Data & Analytics solutions, ERP ware, software, professional services, and technical services.
- Understanding of and success in a sales environment that requires the creation of capital expenditure plans and budgets,
- Demonstrated success in value-linking and demand creation,
- Proven customer relationship skills, with experience in interfacing with customers, at Executive/Director level in both business and technology, on a regular basis,
- Proven ability in solutions sales environment,
- Demonstrated success in proactively prospecting into existing accounts,
- Demonstrated success in selling cloud offering.
- Knowledge across Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Cloud deployment (SaaS…),
- Experience in financial services, government and services and Industry.
- High-level strategic planning skills,
- Experience in developing and executing structured account plans for large, complex accounts and maintaining year-on-year growth,
- Ability to lead complex proposals,
- Proven ability to deliver against demanding targets.
- Account Planning and execution,
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills,
- Understanding and current use of a consultative questioning model. For example, SPIN selling or Challenger,
- Competence in professional consultative selling skills such as SPIN questioning.
- Ability to build trusted relationships with customers that assist with the positioning of Teradata products and solutions,
- Ability to transform strategy into results,
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment,
- Ability to influence, coach and motivate others and promote teamwork,
- Candour: The ability to have open and effective business conversations with customer senior leaders,
- Confidence: The ability to influence others through candidate’s demeanour and professionalism,
- Ability to build trusted relationships with customers that assist with the positioning of Teradata products and solutions.
- High level of personal integrity,
- Result oriented,
- Innovative and resourceful,
- Self-motivated and competitively driven,
- High degree of energy and initiative,
- Resilient and focused,
- High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence.
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Jakarta Special Capital Region
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region ID