Senior Software Engineer- Platform Engineering
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 215174
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer- Platform Engineering
Location: San Diego, CA - Remote
Teradata is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer in support of system installations, integrations, and staging. Additionally, the qualified candidate will join our Platform Product Integration team to help drive product development best practices and work with cross functional groups to deliver high quality products within the Platform Infrastructure Engineering organization. They will be involved with the entire lifecycle of a Teradata system platform’s software and hardware from concept and through development to customer support.
Skills and Attributes
The ideal candidate will possess good written and oral communication skills, cross-group collaboration skills, and will have the ability to:
· Apply a broad understanding of technology and systems while investigating and solving complex problems.
· Consolidate or expand reports to communicate effectively to the appropriate audience (e.g., Executives, customers, team members)
· Continuously raises-the-bar on the quality of experience to our customers
· Create technical reports to communicate vital information and guidance to the rest of the organization.
· Delivers commitments on time with highest quality.
· Demonstrate excellent analytical and judgement skills using factual and qualitative information from multiple sources.
· Demonstrates speed as a habit and has a bias for action.
· Displays a curiosity and willingness to learn by filtering, prioritizing, analyzing, and validating complex issues
· Finds ways to learn and evolve; is curious; dives deep and asks questions; always knows the details.
· Integrate new hardware and software products into an enterprise class Linux-based platform.
· Proven track record of taking ownership for work that spans multiple product groups
· Understand and track trends in computer architecture and contribute to product roadmap discussions.
· Willingness to advise, coach and mentor junior team members.
· Work well in a collaborative and Agile team environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Provide technical innovation to the PPI team with emphasis on platform, software, and BAR (Backup and Restore)
· Act as a liaison representing PPI to drive product test and development efficiency across all teams within Platform Engineering
· Assist with the building and execution of our PLE/Flex Continuous Integration pipeline
· Detect early signals of at-risk features and applications about our platform product
· Address challenges in identifying more platform and software defects prior to products availability
· Work with our DevOps team to build and develop test tools and automation
· Coordinate cross-functional processes to deliver customer needs
· Collaborate closely with other organizations outside of PLE to address new Teradata features and applications that could potentially impact any functionality of the platform
· Support our public (AWS, Azure, GCP), private (TDVM) cloud, and Vantage solutions
· Track, analyze and report any issues to our current tracking tools and applications
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
· Experience with various cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP)
· Languages and scripting (C, C++, SQL, Python, Perl, Java)
· Databases (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server)
· Build, Track & Deployment Technologies (TeamCity, Jenkins, Ansible, VMWare, Openstack, Docker, JIRA)
· Version Control (Git, GitHub, Subversion)
· Experience with Enterprise Backup, Archive and Restore Solutions
· NetApp Storage technology
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer- Platform Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US