Location: London, UK
Requisition Number: 215165
Teradata is looking for a highly organized, motivated, and experienced individual to fulfil the role of Program Director for our EMEA Consulting & Managed Services business. In collaboration with Global Delivery Assurance, this role is responsible for ensuring adherence to policies, processes, and governance which identifies, mitigates, and manages new business risks and delivery performance goals across Consulting and Services customer facing project portfolio, whilst achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
The position requires a highly proactive, energetic, hands on individual with excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills who can seamlessly switch from strategic to tactical activities and thinking.
The role will control risk with new business through supporting and developing the Sales teams throughout the bid approval lifecycle. Utilizing effective risk-based delivery governance and oversight will detect material delivery issues early allowing for quick remediation minimising customer and margin impacts.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensure the deliverability of new business through proactive engagement with bid teams early and throughout the bid approval lifecycle.
- Determine the risk of new business and act as the gatekeeper to the new business approval process
- Implement & standardise pre-sales controls to drive lower risk bid assurance activities offshore
- Provide delivery oversight through effective governance which guides key programmes and intervenes where required.
- Build statistical processes and controls which monitor KPI’s to detect and remediate variances from governance defined standards.
- Provide Executive and consulting delivery leaders with updates on risks associated with our Customer project portfolio and establish mitigation plans.
- Ensure the consistent adoption of policies, processes, tools and adherence to governance. Support global delivery assurance to continuously improve.
- Contribute to knowledge management in support of project delivery excellence.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Excellent business acumen, pragmatic and focused.
- Passionate and strong communicator (verbal, written, listening).
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage and influence strong senior stakeholders & communities.
- High personal standards and attention to detail; self-starting and strong focus on completing/finishing.
- Ability to operate in a complex environment whilst developing strong working relationships.
- Knowledge and experience of applying programme management terminology, tools and techniques.
- Proven ability to work on a global basis factoring in the needs of a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team to achieve desired results.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have:
- Proven leadership capability and senior management experience.
- Proven track record of leading and delivering large programs including significant experience designing, implementing, and running major software or data programmes (>$10m labour cost).
- Vendor side experience in leading solution or programme definition on high value (>$10m labour cost) new business pursuits.
- Operated in a delivery quality assurance and business risk control function (at least 2 years) in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment.
- Experience leading large-scale projects moving infrastructure and data to various cloud providers (AWS, Azure and others).
- Management of large regional portfolio consisting of programs and projects of various size, scope and complexity. (2+ years).
- Industry recognised project/programme management certification (PMP, APM, MSP or MSc in Programmes or other).
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Program Director
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB