Product Support Engineer, Cloud and Data Analytics
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 215155
What You’ll Do:
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
- Lead discussions with internal and external customers to deliver technical analysis and solutions for Teradata product issues
- Recreate problems to assist with root cause analysis
- Interact with Engineering and peers to isolate product defects
- Adhere to Teradata Incident Management Process
- Identify and implement process, product and tool improvement
- Treat every customer professionally and with respect; ensure positive customer experience and satisfaction
- Coordinate proper escalations, where needed, for unresolved issues
- Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Customer Services Policies, Procedures and Service offerings
- Create knowledge on new learnings
- Experience working in a mission critical, 24/7 environment
- Technical mentoring of team members
- Due to the nature of work required for this role the candidate must be a U.S. Citizen residing in United States.
- Proficient with LINUX and/or other OS environments
- Work effectively in a geographically dispersed support team environment
Technical leadership skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively share technical knowledge
- Experience using a problem ticketing system
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline 5+ years of experience
- Working knowledge with cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud)
- In-depth knowledge of Teradata products
- In-depth knowledge of Linux System administration
- In-depth knowledge of network architecture
- In-depth understanding of security and authentication mechanisms such as Kerberos and LDAP
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Shell
- Proven knowledge of database and SQL
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Engineer, Cloud and Data Analytics
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US