Sr. Director, Industry Vertical Alliances
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 215077
Senior Director Industry Vertical Alliances
Location: US, Remote
The Senior Director Industry Vertical Alliances will be an industry leader with laser focus on identifying, recruiting, developing and advancing Teradata and identified partners’ joint solution to co-sell and drive go-to-market and business development functions around cloud ARR growth. Leading a small team of Industry Business Development Directors to focus on 7 key identified verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare and Life Sciences, Retail/CPG, Manufacturing, Telco, Transportation/Travel and Public Sector.
Responsibilities include owning the co-selling relationship with the industry alliance partners, interfacing and contributing deeply with the Teradata sales and accounts teams and driving sales and marketing programs directly with the partners’ sales teams. Acting as an Industry thought leader in at least one of the above-mentioned verticals with deep eco-system knowledge and articulating the business benefit of Teradata with identified Industry partners. With these Vertical Partners, allowing expansion to new use cases and business outcomes in existing clients as well as new logos. Working across the Teradata teams such as Industry Consulting and Strategy and Sales to determine priorities, as well as alignment with priority Verticals and appropriate use cases. This role will be a key partner to our field sales leaders in driving new sales at existing and new logos. This role will also play a key part in driving wins at the most strategic accounts to support the success of our Alliance Partnership program.
· Hire, retain and guide a small world class team of Industry Business Development individuals with focus on cloud ARR growth through these industry focused partnerships while driving insights and analytics for our customer on Teradata Vantage Cloud Platform.
· Manage, coach, and support the industry partner ecosystem with Teradata sales teams globally for field sales engagement – ensuring joint sales motions, removing obstacles, and maintaining proper communications with all parties involved in sales opportunities.
· Lead partners and Teradata sales in regional business development efforts and manage joint account planning.
· Develop annual business plan with partners as it relates to the build of mutual pipeline. Ensure quarterly business reviews and course corrections with partner leadership in order to ensure achievement of mutual goals and quotas.
· Build long term and strategic relationships with partner executives, as well as partner & field sales teams
· Manage and attend shared PR and marketing activities across partners.
· Serve as the first point of contact for select industry partners and be the liaison between Teradata sales teams and partners.
· Coordinate and drive new business activities from start to finish.
· Minimum of 10+ years of experience in sales and sales management, business development and industry strategic alliances and partnerships.
· Experience working for and deep understanding of enterprise software and/or cloud service provider or independent software companies.
· Expertise and deep industry knowledge in at least one of the seven identified verticals.
· Experience in business development/partnerships that produced measurable impact
· Distinctive problem-solving, strategic, and analytical capabilities
· Experience building and leading high performing revenue-generating teams
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Go-Getter and comfortable with ambiguity and change while driving towards growth.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Director, Industry Vertical Alliances
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US