Lead Business Intelligence Consultant
Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Requisition Number: 215049
Lead Business Intelligence Consultant
The Lead BI consultant specializes in the maintenance and operations of the Business Intelligence Environment to ensure it operates efficiently and continues to meet the needs of the customer.
Working as the BI Lead within the Managed Services team supporting one of Teradata’s premier accounts, this individual must have the skills necessary to understand the overall data warehouse architecture and will be responsible for maximizing the efficiency of the PowerBI environment, working with the customer on adhoc development requests and providing technical expertise to fix issues to the production deployment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Capability to elicit detailed requirements from business customers and quickly deploy solutions in a pressured environment
- Detailed knowledge of the PowerBI toolset and how best to utilize in an operational environment
- Design, develop, test and support processes for reporting on data that is within the Teradata Data Warehouse
- Design, develop, test and support operational reports, scorecards, benchmarks and executive level dashboards using Microsoft PowerBI.
- Maximize environment availability through design and deployment of robust operational processes
- Ability to resolve incidents within the production environment
- Ability to write performant Teradata database SQL
- Design the processes to meet service level agreements for data timeliness and frequency
- Analyze and improve query and solution performance as below: -
- Performance tune and troubleshoot analytics dashboards
- Responsible for patches, change management, performance tuning, standards/best practices, mentoring, metadata Management, cluster/distributed management, cache/history management, user management, scheduling etc.
- Creates and maintains all required documentation (BRD, Designs, Unit Test, UAT …. etc.)
- Mentoring and Coaching junior team members
- Very Good communication skills, both written and oral at all levels of stakeholder
- Very Good Presentation Skills
- Very Good Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- In depth knowledge of DWH concepts
- In depth knowledge of the Microsoft PowerBI tool
- In depth knowledge of the Microsoft Excel tool
- In depth knowledge of Teradata RDBMS although other enterprise relational database knowledge will be considered
- Operational mindset key to maximize environment availability
- Developing junior team members
- Good knowledge of Teradata Solutions
- Good knowledge of Linux Commands and Shell Scripting
- Good Knowledge of NiFi Scheduler Tool.
- Good Knowledge of ITIL standards
- Egyptian National
- Previous working experience at Egyptian Government/Armed Forces Authorities
- Ability to implement PowerShell, Python scripts for users onboard, system health monitoring/alerts etc.
- Good knowledge of Analysis Service
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Business Intelligence Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG