Director, Analytics COE (ITP)
Multiple Locations: San Diego, CA, USA • Alpharetta, GA, USA • Charlotte, NC, USA • Columbus, OH, USA
Requisition Number: 215047
- Leadership – Manage a team of data experts to build a trusted and flexible analytics delivery practice for Teradata.
- Strategic decisions/planning - Ensure Enterprise Architecture and Data (EAD) is successful in achieving its Data Analytics and Reporting objectives.
- Portfolio Strategy – Partner with ITP (IT & Procurement) leadership on multi-year strategy, aligning key strategic transformational initiatives with data and analytical priorities for the company.
- Visibility – As one of the primary faces of the Analytics COE, build relationships and effectively navigate cross-organizational boundaries to collaboratively deliver on our commitments. Establish a brand consistent with the ITP organization for thought-leadership and business stewardship.
- Data Focus – Look at business problems to identify creative, scalable data solutions to advance the company’s posture from a data and analytics perspective.
- Communication - Working with our Enterprise Communications Partner, establish a consistent and engaging Analytics Community to ensure maximum collaboration across the company in leveraging our analytics resources.
- Execution – Establish an effective operating model and execution approach that fits within the ITP organizational context and maximizes the contribution of data and analytics
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate complex concepts to management, team members as well as non-technical audiences
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence business results where cross group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- Is expected to address important issues that don’t directly fall into one specific function but are critical issues to address for the organization
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- BA/BS in a technically relevant field
- 10+ years of Product Management experience in a software technology business
- Deep knowledge with “as a service” models
- Deep understanding of analytics eco system
- Proven ability to execute over the entire product lifecycle guided by performance metrics
- ‘Outside-in’ viewpoint, fully aware of the competitive set and industry trends, and how to reconcile with company strategy
- Ability to create and own the product vision and manage the product backlog from user centered perspective
- Proven track record of taking a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market
- Analytical background sufficient for pricing / margin / elasticity analysis
- Proven ability to manage and scale a business from a product management perspective
- Experience and understanding of advanced analytics, data science, and machine learning
- Deep understanding of relational database technology and market
- Hands on experience with public cloud technology, and a good market understanding
- Familiarity with IoT technologies, telemetry data, and semi-structured/unstructured data handling
- Ability to analyze competitors, do SWOT analysis, and estimate market potential of feature and product
- Practical experience in the application development environment Teradata, Oracle, ETL, Informatica, others
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment
- Profound experience in managing agile development teams
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Analytics COE (ITP)
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US