Customer Order Specialist
Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 215032
Job Title: Senior Customer Order Specialist/Customer Delivery Partner
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
The role of the Customer Order Specialist (COS) is to manage the tasks of reviewing, inputting, and invoicing customer orders. The COS will process hardware, software, subscription, education, professional services, and maintenance orders. The COS will use the tools and processes designed for order management and maintain compliance to all corporate policies involving order transactions. The position requires outstanding organization and communication skills for the candidate to be successful. The Customer Delivery Partner (CDP) is responsible for working with the product provider on sourcing HW orders. CDP is responsible for coordinating the delivery of the product to the customer.
The position will be responsible for Americas order processing and will be located in Mexico City. This senior COS/CDP role will help train and mentor the staff as well as cover for the manager when they are on leave. This role will serve as an escalation point for complex transactions. Interact with employees from all around the world and must participate in oral and written business level communications. Communication will be conducted primarily in English but special attention is always required to properly understand concepts and issues from people whose first language may not be English.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Back up the manager while on leave.
- Develop into the expert on the COS/CDP processes and be the lead person for training
- Handle escalations issues
- Execute the defined order process and conduct effective interaction with Sales teams, while maintaining compliance with corporate policy.
- Generate customer invoices for assigned accounts in an accurate and timely manner. Recognize the requirements for any special invoicing provisions in the customer contract and react accordingly.
- Review customer order documentation for order acceptance; ensure appropriate documentation is received and complies with corporate order and revenue policies.
- Assist in the resolution of relevant outstanding accounts receivable and collection issues.
- Read and analyze various customer contract provisions that impact the order process and invoicing requirements.
- Ensure purchase order is accurately reflected in system.
- Learn and operate the various software and systems used to process all customer orders (Oracle Order management, Oracle Contract for Services and several other in house systems.)
- Create and maintain customer order jackets containing all required documentation.
- Process Return Material Authorizations (RMA’s) within 5 business days of receiving requests.
- Solve issues involving order processing. Provide outstanding order processing service to the sales teams.
This position is located at Prague. This position will require overtime at month ends. This position also will be even busier at quarter closes and year-end.
Candidate Requirements (Preference given to candidates who posses the majority of these skills)
- The ability to learn and execute complex tasks, demonstrated by the completion of a Bachelors degree program in business, accounting, or finance (preferred), or through relevant work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to lead problem solving activity.
- The ability to manage stress without it negatively effecting work quality or professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, or the ability to learn and master these tools.
- Excellent organization skills and a high level of comfort handling details.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, all order related software and system tools (as listed in Key Area of Responsibility)
- Excellent work attendance records and habits.
- Ability to think creatively and adapt well to change.
- Ability to read, analyze and understand customer contracts, corporate policies, and miscellaneous order documentation.
- Oracle experience a plus but not required.
- Must be bilingual with English and Spanish or Portuguese
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Order Specialist
Job Category: Finance
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX