Principal Software Architect
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 215018
Enterprise Architects at Teradata are leaders that work with Product Engineering and partner organizations to ensure consistent design, implementation, and governance of Teradata’s product portfolio.
This role will require the ability to efficiently and effectively communicate and collaborate at multiple levels within a diverse set of stakeholder organizations to be successful, including both senior leadership and working teams, product management teams and technical teams including product development, security, and infrastructure teams.
This role will be expected to add enterprise architecture value both to projects and internal strategy assignments while reducing technical debt.
This role will leverage knowledge, industry experience and best practices to proactively drive long term vision and future state architecture, as well as contributing to and driving the resultant roadmap.
Enterprise architecture experience and knowledge covering multiple architectural domains and areas of knowledge, including:
- Review and assess corporate goals, strategies, and assets along with everyday processes and procedures and compare those to available technology resources
- Develop a plan with the Enterprise Architect Leader to develop processes, create models, and lead change
- Search for areas where rationalization opportunities may be available, such as cases where technologies or architectural approaches may be duplicated across departments or sectors whose processes may be diverging from strategic goals
- Contribute ideas and insight to help optimize product engineering resources to stay current with evolving business trends and new technologies
- Educate developers, architects, and product managers on new changes to infrastructure and policies, with an emphasis placed on recognizing the need for such updates
- Share review findings and recommendations to executives and stakeholders, along with reports showing the progress in implementing new strategies
- Develop best practices around predefined architectural patterns, proven for use in particular business and/or technology domain, together with supporting artifacts to enable their use.
- Metrics and Communications- includes identification, tracking and drafting.
- Collaboration with the federated architect community to promote best practices.
- Assist/document the development of standards for technology components - developed, communicated and refreshed
- Participate in the Portfolio Management process
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems management, or business management from accredited four-year academic institution
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise modeling and governance
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Master’s degree in either business administration or computer technology
- Two years of previous experience in corporate planning or strategic development
- Experience leveraging a variety of frameworks and methods to develop and promote architecture.
- Experience with common architecture vision with technology and product management leaders
- Experience defining processes for IT governance
- San Diego office-based
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent artifact and documentation skills
- Open to constructive feedback; openly invites opinions and perspectives of others
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- A never-stop-learning mindset with interest in emerging technologies, standards, IT patterns, and IT related solutions
- High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US