Junior Cloud Support Engineer
Location: Bogota, Colombia
Requisition Number: 215014
Junior Cloud Support Engineer
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Teradata is looking for a Junior Cloud Support Engineer to join Teradata Global Support Organization supporting customers using the industry-leading data analytics software platform to uncover real-time business intelligence at scale in Cloud, On-Premise and anywhere in between. We are looking for colleagues with engaging personalities, a passion for excellence in technology, customer focus, and great problem-solving skills.
What You’ll Do
The Cloud Support Engineer is responsible for managing Teradata’s as-a-Service offering in the public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP). The successful candidate will have delivery responsibilities in the areas of cloud network administration, security administration, deployment, provisioning, environment optimization, third-party software support, On premise to Cloud migration support to on-site teams, implementation of Security Best Practices, and analyzing the partner compatibility.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, and creative Cloud Support Engineer, ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
Manage and support mission-critical/24x7 public cloud environments for multiple customers
- Backup, Archive and Recovery execution of the cloud-based data warehouses
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key public cloud resources
- Working with distributed teams
- Real-time troubleshooting and problem resolution
Skills & Attributes
- Basic knowledge in Public Cloud Services
- Basic knowledge in Linux administration and Shell Scripting
- Basic knowledge on any of the RDBMS like Oracle//DB2/Netezza/Teradata/Others
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Good team player
- Engineering Graduate or 3-year Diploma
- Entry level to a professional job progression
- Required to work in the Tijuana office
Understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Understanding of database architecture and modeling, RDMS and No-SQL
- VMware skills
- Any Cloud Certification from either Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- ITIL, CISSP or other relevant certifications are desirable
- 4 Year Engineering Degree or 3 Year Master of Computer Application
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
Community / Marketing Title: Junior Cloud Support Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bogota, Cundinamarca CO