Cloud FedRAMP DevOps IAM Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Requisition Number: 215013
Cloud FedRamp DevOps IAM Engineer
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with Data and Analytics in the Cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their Analytics needs with Cloud based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata Cloud.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data Analytics and Discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data Analytics Platform to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
We are seeking a Cloud FedRamp DevOps IAM Engineer to join our Cloud organization and leverage their technical acumen to design, develop, implement, and support our multi-Cloud platform to support FedRamp compliance. We are looking for candidates that understand owning a service from end to end, can prosper in a highly distributed and dynamic environment, and enable fast paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. Along with systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who are open and passionate about exploring modern technologies to improve our overall environment.
- Design, Deploy, and Support new and existing Cloud Infrastructure in support of current customers and future growth in a GovCloud environment to support FedRamp compliance.
- Responsible for supporting Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Privileged Access Management (PAM).
- Work with Cloud and security architecture teams in specifying technical requirements to support shared components deployed in a GovCloud delivery model.
- Provide level of escalation in response to incidents/requests regarding performance and configuration, including off hour’s escalations.
- Maintain system architecture documentation, run-books, diagrams, and assets in the configuration management database.
- Develop and continually improve guidelines and procedures related to system management including process and efficiency improvements.
- Monitor and tune system infrastructure to identify and eliminate issues and potential bottlenecks.
- Prepare and review periodic reports related to performance and capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Science or equivalent degree or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in working on cloud infrastructure with automation.
- At least 3 years of experience with system and application configuration automation (inclusive of scripting with Python/Bash, and DevOps tools like Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Terraform/Jenkins)
- At least 3 years of experience with IAM solutions like Active Directory, Azure AD, Ping Directory or Ping Federate along with integration of physical access tokens within the IAM solution.
- Experience with designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems in on-prem and public cloud environments.
- Strong DevOps fundamentals with experience in building CICD pipelines
- Experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools like New Relic, Nagios, CloudWatch, or DataDog.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience with working in a DevOps culture
- Experience in supporting GovCloud mission critical systems
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform related certifications
- US Citizen
If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you. Come join us in helping the world’s largest organizations get the most out of their data and analytics at scale!
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud FedRAMP DevOps IAM Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US