Senior Project Manager
Location: North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
Requisition Number: 215006
Teradata is the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world’s most complex data challenges at scale. We help businesses unlock unlimited value by turning data into their greatest asset.
The Senior Project Manager (PM) is a billable role, working in Teradata implementation projects on a cloud/VM/On-Premise or hybrid environment and focused primarily on the logistics and resourcing necessary to deliver work to our client expectations around quality and schedule.
The PM can become involved in presales after the point of opportunity identification, at the request of the Client Services Executive (CSE). During the presales cycle, the PM may be asked to assist in determining project estimates, dependencies, development of draft project timelines, assessment of skills required and other risk considerations. The PM may be required to meet with the client during presales, to either present a projected schedule and dependencies or to jointly develop a schedule with a client.
Post-sales, the Project Manager is responsible for directing and monitoring Teradata projects for a Cloud, on-premise or hybrid data analytics platform or to implement a solution meeting agreed client requirements and timelines as well as to expected Teradata business results. The Project Manager may lead a single project or oversee multiple smaller sub-projects. The Project Manager manages Teradata employees and third-party contractors to ensure projects meet established time, technical, and quality objectives. The PM is responsible to ensure clarity of what work is billable (and non-billable) on T&M projects. The PM is responsible for identifying when requested work is out-of-scope on fixed price projects; when this occurs, the PM works with the CSM, the Teradata Solutions Architect and the client to determine the scope of the potential Change Request, and ensures that Change Request is appropriately tabled with the client for acceptance or rejection. (The price of any Change Request is the responsibility of the Client Services Executive, with support from the Sales Team.) The Project Manager may be supported by additional Project Managers, and/or Lead Consultants. Some travel is likely to be required within APJ region.
You’ll ideally have
- 10+ years in Information Technology including Data Warehousing
- Teradata (Preferred); DW Project Manager; MIS Director; Consulting experience: Vendor or Consulting firm
- George Washington University / ESI Project Management Masters Certificate,
- PMI - Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification
• Work with the Client Services Executives in the scoping, planning, effort estimating, and pricing of consulting projects.
• Responsible for the Project Timeline (GANTT) section as well as contributions to the Assumptions and Exclusions sections of any Statement of Work. Responsible for assessment of project risk, including but not limited to clarity of goals and objectives, identifying and documenting client-related risks, and resource requirements Contribute to ensuring Deliverables and Acceptance Criteria are clear and understandable by all parties.
• Lead data platform/warehouse and analytics or other Teradata solution implementation projects of moderate complexity, or a collection of multiple smaller projects.
• Ensure projects are completed on-time, within budget, and within client expectations for quality and functionality.
• Manage client acceptance of the solution and manage client expectations in line with the agreed statement of work.
• Manage day-to-day relationship with client stakeholders and resolution of all issues.
• Maintain and communicate project status to all stakeholders in reports and status meetings.
• Acquires incremental business within the project through change control.
• In the course of post-sales work, identify and bring to the attention of the CSE and Sales any new or incremental project opportunities with the client.
• Participate as requested in pre-sales planning, project pricing, bid review, and presentation of sales proposals.
• Build a project team, including Teradata employees, offshore resources, and contractors.
• Ensure proper set up of the engagement in the time keeping system, ensuring consultants and contractors are always current with their reported time. Produces project financial and status reports from the Financial Force and systems.
• Ensure monthly billings, timely collection of revenue, and manage procurement and payment to contractors.
• Manage defined project, including customer, and Teradata internal stakeholders – project team, local and regional management
• Works within a project team environment where results will be based on cooperation with and/or influence of others.
• Projects are normally within the context of a solution team, internal team, or other Teradata business units.
• Focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
• Meets deadlines and produce high quality work
• Optimizes use of available resources
• Relates to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner
• Shows sincere interest in others and their concerns
• Initiates and develops relationships with others
• Will occur but varies based on project assignment.
• Primary location will be to service local office but needs to be available to undertake assignments within the Australia/New Zealand area when required plus attend training in Sydney when required. Assume up to 20% travel when required.
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Project Manager
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU