Network Engineer III
Location: Ohio, USA
Requisition Number: 214957
Sr. Network Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA OR We will consider virtual candidates anywhere in the United States!
The Senior Network Engineer will work with other engineers to design, implement, monitor, and maintain the global enterprise network, with a focus on data center, office networking, and related services. You must possess a high level of technical expertise and be able to work with other technical teams, development teams, and support teams to support business objectives.
In addition to supporting the enterprise network this position will also provide LAN and WAN services supporting our Teradata Lab environment. These services include our Cisco data network infrastructure. The Network engineer is responsible for rapidly changing Lab product requirements, planning, design, implementing, and engineering data networking solutions to meet Teradata Labs business requirements.
Strong interpersonal skills are important. The ability to work effectively in a team environment composed of peers and cross-functional members is critical as is the ability to be focused and a self-starter.
The new hire responsibilities will include:
• Design, implementation and execution of complex network hardware configurations
• Collect, analyze, and use data related to the production network infrastructure for troubleshooting and enhancement
• Advanced next generation firewall configuration (URL Filter, Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS) and tier 3 support.
• Developing repeatable processes for execution of common functions for execution by support teams
• Serve as tier 3 escalation support and provide solutions to improve efficiencies
• Participate in rotating on-call support
• LAN, WAN and wireless transports/networks
• Client, server, application, and cloud interactions with local and wide-area networks
• Coordinate administrative project activities, including scheduling, tracking, reporting, and change management.
• Maintain technical documentation
• Understanding of TCP/IP network technologies (subnets, routing, troubleshooting).
• Solid Understanding of data networking concepts troubleshooting.
• Previous experience designing and implementing solutions for LAN/WAN and Wi-Fi in large global enterprise environments.
• Detailed understanding that includes: TCP/IP routing protocols, MPLS, NAT, DNS, SD-WAN, geo-load balancing, VPN technologies, switching, Security, QoS, Wi-Fi, Network Management and Monitoring Software
• Proven ability to research, develop, implement and streamlining processes/procedures for executing data network projects on a global scale
• In depth experience with Cisco, F5, Palo Alto Networks enterprise grade products
• Data center architecture including familiarity with network, server, storage virtualization, i.e. Cisco Nexus SAN switching, VSAN, VRF, VPN, and VMWare vSphere.
• Need to be detailed-quality oriented.
• Ability to be a team player, adaptive to organization structure.
• Self-initiative, being able to work independently through problem to resolution
• Be available for after-hours support.
• Independent problem-solving skills providing technical expertise and recommendations in resolving connectivity issues.
Nice to have Skills:
• Palo Alto Networks Next Generation FW
• Pulse Secure VPN
• Network security experience
Desired Education/Experience to perform the function:
BS in Computer Science, MIS or combination of education and experience
Certifications: CCNP, CISSP or Industry Standard Certifications
7 – 10 years of experience in following areas:
Global network footprint
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Project Management Experience desired
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Network Engineer III
Job Category: IT
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: VIRTUAL, Ohio US