Lead Cloud Consultant (AWS)
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 214907
Job Title: Lead Cloud Consultant/ Sr. Specialist Cloud Admin
- The Cloud Ops Administrator is responsible for managing Teradata’s as-a-Service offering on public cloud (AWS)
- Delivery responsibilities in the areas of cloud network administration, security administration, instantiation, provisioning, optimizing the environment, third party software support.
- Supporting the onsite teams with migration from On premise to Cloud for customers
- Implementing security best practices, and analyzing the partner compatibility
- Manage and support 24x7 aaS environments for multiple customers
- Devise and implement security, operations best practices
- Implementing development, production environment for cloud data platform environment
- Backup, Archive and Recovery planning and execution of the cloud-based data platforms
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key AWS resources
- Proactively monitor ticket queue and assignment of tasks and tickets
- Ensuring SLAs are met for the Incidents and Changes
- Ensure all scheduled changes are implemented within the prescribed window
- Play the role of First responders for any system down situations and make technical contribution to minimize the downtime and speedy return to service
- Collaborate with multiple engineering groups and ensure high system availability
- Work with CSP in handling CSP issues and minimize the impact on cloud data platforms
Mandatory Skills / Attributes
- Full time Engineering Graduation or MCA or Equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of IT experience.
- Minimum 4 years of Cloud hands-on experience (AWS).
- Should have hands on experience on basic AWS services
- Must have worked-on but not limited to AWS API gateway, IAM, Cloudwatch, Container, Lambda, route53, Kubernetes, Elastic LB, VPC
- AWS Certified SysOps Associate
- Should have basic leadership qualities.
- ITIL or other relevant certifications are desirable
- Service Now / ITSM tool day to day Operations
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
- Contribute towards automating provisioning, operation, monitoring and troubleshooting of the cloud data platform infrastructure
- Teradata/DBMS Experience Hands on experience with Teradata administration and strong understanding of Cloud capabilities and limitations
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Should have good knowledge of cloud services for Compute, Storage, Network and OS for at least one cloud platforms
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Working experience in Linux administration, bash/shell Scripting and AWS CLI
- Basic understanding of Datadog, Confluence and Jira
- Working experience on any of the RDBMS like Oracle/DB2/Netezza/Teradata/SQL Server,MySQL/Redshift/Synapse would be a plus
- Professional/Specialty Level AWS Certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Good team player.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaboratively in a global context.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Cloud Consultant (AWS)
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN