Account Executive – Public Sector
Multiple Locations: Sacramento, CA, USA • Denver, CO, USA • Salt Lake City, UT, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Phoenix, AZ, USA
Requisition Number: 214904
Account Executive – Public Sector
Location: Dallas TX, United States or Remote
The Account Executive is responsible for end-to-end strategic account management to drive the profitable sales of Teradata solution portfolio products into targeted accounts in the Public Sector Industry, specifically at the State level.
- Develops and maintains strategy for overall engagement with clients to close deals and drive ARR growth
- Identify and understand the needs of clients and plan/engage the internal resources to position Teradata solutions to match client needs strategically
- Regularly runs meetings with account team to discuss and align around account strategy and future sales opportunities
- Capitalize on broad Public Sector industry knowledge and contacts to uncover new business opportunities and position Teradata solutions
- Develop new business opportunities and close new account business aligned with Teradata sales strategy
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques
- Understands client’s key business initiatives, key problems, and competitive environment and recognizes and can articulate how Teradata solutions could be applied
- Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain C-suite and executive-level relationships
- Demonstratively able to scale Public Sector organizations to find and connect with buyer personas where no previous relationship exists
- Knowledgeable of Teradata solutions and services
Skills & Attributes
- A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter, and a strategic thinker.
- Must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers.
- Demonstrate account management discipline
- Strong executive presence
- An ideal candidate would have intimate knowledge/experience that directly resonates with assigned accounts, especially in the Public Sector
- Experience creating early relationships with Public Sector State Local customers aligned to business needs.
- Demonstrated success in sales. 75%+ success record for making sales goals
- Demonstrated success developing new account opportunities to C-Level executives
- Bachelors Degree (required) Masters is preferred.
- Previous experience selling Analytics, Big Data, and Data Warehousing solutions
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive – Public Sector
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sacramento, California US