Senior Analytics Software Engineer
Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 214834
Senior Analytics Software Engineer
Hybrid, Mexico City
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks. You would join a team of engineers, to build cloud services like data streaming and cloud native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you.
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure?
We are looking for a seasoned software engineer who will be responsible to develop applications around exploratory data analysis and feature engineering using our Vantage Analytics Platform and ecosystem components.
You will be responsible for setting coding standards, project architecture decisions and implementation. You will work closely with members of the Data Science and Analytics Engineering team and Product Management to create a SQL generator that integrates SQL element and data elements for automated Feature Engineering.
You will also work with other Engineering teams to develop an Enterprise Feature Store based on the FEAST API. You will work directly with Field practitioner teams and customers to validate your designs and prototypes in an on-going basis, and to get a deeper understanding of different persona-based use-cases.
In this role you will be reporting to the Director of Data Science and Analytics Engineering.
Role and responsibilities
- Design, implement and deploy applications to provide data science and analytics capabilities for our Vantage cloud platform offerings.
- Work with UX, product management and other platform engineering teams to help create and evaluate new product ideas and technical designs
- Implement best practices that produce maintainable code, including usability patterns, code style conformity, integration, testing, and code review
- Participate in detailed reviews of design, architecture, and code produced by other engineers within the team.
- Recommend alternate approaches, analyze impacts, and provide sizing estimates
- Collaborate with other cross-platform team members to build effective integrations
- Prepare service and feature-related documentation – functional specifications, design considerations, architecture compliance, GAP analysis, etc.
- Analyze, design and develop test cases.
- Lead by example in creating a positive, inclusive, and supportive team environment that encourages collaboration, innovation, and empathetic discussion
- Collaborate closely with advanced analytics engineers and user experience engineers on the invocation of analytics capabilities and subsequent visualization of results.
Preferred skills and qualifications
- 5+ years professional experience in SQL development and SQL-based applications
- Strong experience with relational database technology
- High programming skills with Java, C# and/or C++
- Knowledge of database physical design
- Familiarity with data wrangling, data prep and/or ELT processing
- General understanding of data science and analytics processes and functionality
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development and concepts like mocking and stubbing for unit / integration tests.
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer you
Major Health Insurance, Minor Health Insurance, Dental Plan, Pension Plan- Optional, Food Vouchers, Restaurant Voucher, Saving Fund, Vacations Premium- above the legal limit, Vacations Days- above the legal limit, Christmas Bonus - above the legal limit, Flexible work model in Mexico City
In addition, our teams are encouraged to look for innovation, spending at least 1 week each quarter on development, learning new skills, and innovative technology/solutions.
With more than 7,500 employees in 40+ countries, Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Analytics Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX