Multiple Locations: North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia • Melbourne VIC, Australia
Requisition Number: 214828
Our Solution Engineers are highly respected for their knowledge, skills and empathy to meet our customers’ business challenges through the use of data and analytics at scale. And as our customers rank among the best and largest in their industry, including leading financial institutions, manufacturers, Telcos, retailers, airlines, major government entities and others, this respect is hard earned. We believe the best way to achieve high value outcomes for our customers is to foster a community of people who love data and the world changing possibilities that analytics can provide.
You’ll be part of a team helping your customers with analytical solutions to their business challenges.
So, you will be smart, adaptive, curious and consultative, with a great attitude and focused on helping your customers understand how analytics provides successful solutions for their business challenges. You will be a knowledge seeker, constantly searching and collaborating with colleagues, customers and partners. As a Solution Engineer you will thrive in a team, working closely with our Account Executives, Business Consultants, delivery consultants, field engineers and the extended support organisation.
You’ll be a ‘trusted advisor’ to your client; your technology expertise, experience, not forgetting your business skills, means you can seek out and develop opportunities for Teradata solutions that meet your customer’s challenges. You’ll also be aware of our competitors’ assets, because your customer will need confidence in your understanding of their data challenges. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything; in fact, we’d prefer you to have wide and far reaching knowledge and experience, with perhaps a specialism field or two that you are expert in. And whatever your particular experience, you can explain, demonstrate and deliver right across the board in your customer’s organisation.
And, although passion is a little over-used these days, we mean it when we say we’ll recognise, develop and transform your passion for your customer’s success into your own personal success. So, if your passion for real, deliverable solutions to some of the biggest data challenges in the world matches ours, and what we’ve said appeals to your sense of adventure, come and work for us.
What you’ll be doing…
- You’ll have one or more target accounts, in partnership with the Account Executive, to develop a relevant, actionable account strategy and plan
- Actively work on the design of solutions that meet your customer’s challenges – so you’ll need to see and assess your customer’s ‘as is’ before you can provide them with their ‘to be’ solutions
- Lead and coordinate benchmarks, Proofs of Concept (POC) and Proofs of Value (POV) to demonstrate how Vantage outperforms the competition
- Inspire confidence in Teradata software and services through your professionalism and expertise to drive sales forward
- Provide technical leadership to the extended Teradata account team and ensure that other relevant SMEs are engaged at appropriate points throughout the sales cycle – you’ll also work with the extended Teradata consulting team to scope projects and develop appropriate SOWs, project plans and risk analyses
What we’d like you to be…
- Passionate and enthusiastic about data, analytics and Teradata
- Have at least 5+ years hands-on experience in architecting, designing, delivering or optimizing Data Warehouse and/or Data Lake solutions
- Cloud-focused with experience of analytics implementations with one or more top Cloud platform vendors (such as Microsoft, Google and Amazon)
- A clear, confident and persuasive communicator, who can make a clear and understandable logical argument and successfully defend their position, with a good understanding of the competitive landscape
- Have a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytics technology world
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and, of course, be proficient in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills
- Possess a track record of working in Data Management and Analytics with top Global companies
And, if possible
- Have a background in technology consulting and relevant pre-sales experience
- Be familiar with SQL and at least one other relevant analytic programming language
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
Teradata is firmly committed to diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We value the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered solely on their skills, experience and alignment with the responsibilities of the role.
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Solutions Engineer
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU