Vice President of Observability, System Management, and Ecosystem Provisioning
Multiple Locations: San Diego, California, United States • Denver, Colorado, United States • Chicago, Illinois, United States • Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Requisition Number: 214827
Teradata delivers the world’s most powerful database, advanced analytics, and enterprise-class cloud offerings and this executive will be asked to define and deliver the Data & Analytics Software, Cloud Development, and delivery required for Teradata to excel within the modern business analytics ecosystem. We want someone who thinks both strategically and tactically as they build a 3–5-year strategy and near-term execution roadmap with global and cross-functional responsibilities for Cloud, Database, Analytics & Ecosystem. Working closely with SVP, Software Engineering, as well as the executive team and your peers across user experience, product management, consulting, and cloud services, you will be designing and implementing a strategy that directly impacts how analytics and data are delivered, deployed, and managed across a broad range of data platforms. This is a key area of investment for Teradata and a truly exciting position.
- Design and deliver strategy for driving observability/telemetry capabilities across the Vantage product line. These capabilities will enhance support, sales, and customer experience with Teradata’s products.
- Development of technology to monitor, manage and deploy Teradata Vantage products.
- Work with Teradata Information Technology to deploy tools designed to consume Teradata system telemetry and aid in achieving business goals.
- Development, deployment, and management of Vantage trial, POC, and sandbox offers.
- Lead observability and telemetry initiatives – performance, analytics, and quality work to drive ARR goals.
- Provide direction and insight into the best practices for developing and supporting cloud-based software, services, and API’s.
- Ensure competitive features are built in the most optimal way with the highest quality necessary.
- Work with our customers and prospects on any commitments needed to improve our relationship or secure new business and enhance existing business.
- Assess and communicate software deliverable results to Product Engineering executives and customers in a proactive and collaborative manner.
- Analyze and recommend technology opportunities, systems, and solutions to enhance the overall software delivery lifecycle for the products.
- Lead the organization that includes a large presence in all of Teradata's global Product Engineering locations - US, India, and build a new team in Mexico.
- Lead a team of ~150 - 200 employees and a diverse portfolio of ecosystem components.
- Develop strong partnerships across the Product team – Core Engineering, TIO, Hardware Engineering, Product Management, and User experience.
Skills you will need:
- A strong understanding of and practical experience in leading a team of highly qualified engineering leaders.
- Demonstrated experience in anticipating and leading change, in alignment with industry changes.
- Innovative mindset and creativity to take an idea from inception to implementation
- Experience managing complex partnerships across multiple organizations, levels, and disciplines.
- Ability to manage critical releases in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain trust and credibility
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at the executive and working team level.
- Ability to deliver effective diplomatic communications as well as handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner.
- Technical background in databases, enterprise software, and current knowledge of Teradata solutions is required.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence
- Demonstrated experience as a People Leader, with an innate ability to inspire the team
The successful candidate will report directly to the VP, Platform Infrastructure and Ecosystem Engineering; they will work from a Teradata facility or virtual and will be expected to travel on business (25-40% travel)
- A Bachelor's degree is required, as well as 15+ years of managing and leading Engineering teams. A Master’s degree in Engineering or Business is a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Vice President of Observability, System Management, and Ecosystem Provisioning
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US