Location: London, UK
Requisition Number: 214823
Engagement Manager (EM) UK&I
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? Teradata is the leading cloud data analytics platform company built for a hybrid multi-cloud world, solving the world’s most complex data challenges at scale. The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading Analytic technology solutions and its consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance. Providing real answers to the enterprise business problems – and be able deploy at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence - in the Cloud, on-premise or anywhere in between.
The Client Services Executive (CSE) is responsible for the overall Teradata Services business development and delivery of Teradata Consulting, Transactional and Managed Services within an assigned account, accounts, or industry, playing a key role in account planning and execution, helping to redefine how to sell and deliver business-focused services to Teradata’s existing and new target customers, across both Teradata and associated eco-system solutions, thereby contributing to business growth.
You are highly respected for your knowledge, skills and experience to meet our customers’ business challenges through the use of data and analytics at scale. You are a good communicator with strong interaction with the customer understanding their needs, creating offers and mapping existing assets to solve their business problems. You will be working in a combination of physical and virtual office environments, including home, office, and customer site. Local travel up to 70% is expected depending on the location of the candidate with respect to the customer(s) site(s). Some International travel may be required for training.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop in-depth understanding of a their customer’s objectives, including the business, industry, company profile, business plan and key initiatives of the organisation. Engage at all levels of the customer from the Senior Executives to the Database Administrator (DBA)Develop strong relationships and build advocacy with key decision makers at Customers.
- In conjunction with the Account Executive and other members of the account team (the “Sales Quad”), define and/or enhance the account plan and strategy including the development of opportunities that drive Annual Recurring Revenue growth and Services Revenue.
- Identify, develop and own Services opportunities within their assigned accounts and industry.
- Own and manage the consulting funnel and pipeline of opportunities for their designated accounts or territories. This includes maintaining the funnel in Salesforce and actively updating opportunities.
- Engage with customers at all levels from Senior Executives to DBAs to outline how data drives value and provide thought leadership - building strong and long-lasting relationships.
- Position and drive the sale of Teradata Services per the Teradata Strategy and serve as the lead Teradata negotiator for proposals and contracts.
- Work with Program Managers and Project Managers to provide scoping, planning, cost estimating, and pricing of Teradata Consulting engagements within the overall Consulting portfolio for their account, in conjunction with the Teradata Consulting Manager/Director.
- Manage and own the development of proposals for Teradata Services, related Statements of Work and Bid Review documents.
- Direct, and support the execution and delivery of customer solutions from a services perspective, including participation in client steering committees, project audits and quality checks. Be the point contact for issue resolution and managing escalations.
- Be responsible for the Teradata Consulting forecast, orders, revenue, profit, engagement planning, engagement execution, engagement quality, and client satisfaction.
- Work with Project Managers and Practice Leaders to qualify skills and training required to meet your customer’s needs.
- Work with Global Development Center’s (GDC) to position cost effective offshore/dual shore opportunities and engage GDC resources during positioning, selling and delivery where appropriate.
- Provide direction for solution implementation engagements, of moderate to high complexity, or a collection of multiple projects. Act as a Program Manager / Director as required.
- This role reports into the consulting and services geography director for United Kingdom & Ireland.
Education and Experience Required
- BS, BSc or Masters degree in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 10 plus years IT industry or related experience, with an “IT worldly” perspective.
- An acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain (Data Warehouse, BI, Data Management, Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc.), being able to create solid and trustful working relationships with customers, understand their business strategy and priorities, and use Data & Analytics as an enabler to grow their business.
- Passion to win, entrepreneurial, high energy, responsive and results driven.
- Proven experience in customer relationship management.
- Consulting selling experience with a vendor or consulting firm is preferable.
- Experience and ability to work in a matrixed organisation.
- Business management experience including engagement management experience with multiple project streams and complex EIM or Analytics implementations.
- Experience in other competitive products. Knowledge in Open Source Analytics, DB2, Oracle, Analytics Appliances, to be able to draw comparisons with Teradata.
- One or more Industries experience, ideally in industries such as Retail/Healthcare/Manufacture industries
- Strong consultative, communicative, writing, and presentation skills.
- A people, customer and team orientation.
- A motivated, proactive, organized and “self-starting” attitude and working style. Strong personal and team goal orientation.
- Expertise in developing and delivering working documents that communicate and corroborate complex ideas.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated consultative approach to business problem solving internally or with the client/prospects and/or partners.
- Experience identifying key business opportunities and initiatives, solutions and overall strategy for meeting business objectives.
- Ability to scope and create action plans through business needs analysis which include critical thinking and analytical reasoning that identifies the business opportunity with the most compelling ROI analysis, business benefits, acceptable risk profiles, and success factors.
- Experience in capturing business opportunity insight and experiences, documenting lessons learned and best practices for re-use.
- Operates with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Innovative and resourceful.
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment.
- Ability to influence and coach others. High level of personal integrity.
- Have a proven high level of initiative, self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- Thinks strategically and laterally when making decisions and solving problems.
- Ability to transform strategy into results.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team focus - works with a sales team, Customer Success, Solution Engineering and shared services support teams where results are based on cooperation with and/or influence of others.
- Results orientation – focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure. Meeting deadlines and produce high quality work.
- Compensation for the role is commensurate with industry sales compensation constructs with an at-risk component that allows for over achievement and is measured on a Services order quota assignment.
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Engagement Manager
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB