Teradata Application DBA
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 214803
As the global leader in data warehousing and analytic technologies, Teradata solutions make smart companies smarter. Teradata gives companies the people, technology, innovation and a world-class network of customers and partners enabling them to gain competitive advantage to master their markets. With Teradata, the smartest wins. Learn more at teradata.com
Position Title : Teradata Application DBA
Job Location : Airoli/ Pune
- Managed and supported 24x7 production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications.
- He / She should perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting.
- Performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
- Managing the Production/Development databases in the following areas
- Release Management
- Data Refreshes
- Space Management
- Security Management
- User Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Performance Tuning
Desirable Skills: -
- 4-8 yrs. of experience in Teradata database administration.
- Experience in creation, configuration, and upgradation of databases in Linux /UNIX environments.
- Must have experience in Teradata Data Mover & DSA
- Analysis on DDL Quality Check. Deployment of Objects, Code, Script
- Creation of New DB and new Environments
- Customer co-ordination during deployments
- Promotion of code to different environments & Query Optimization
- Troubleshooting load issues
- Change Management - Incident, Change & Service Request
- Release Management - Production Readiness, Post-production Validation and Response
- Exposure to Data Refresh - Data Mover, Database, tables, views
- Experience in Space management, user and security management.
- Proficiency in Backup, Restore and Recovery
- Database health check, database reporting
- Import and Export of data as per requirement.
- Time to time application of patches released.
- Experience in migrating from lower to higher version.
- Having exposure to Automations in DB Creation, Patching and Health Check will be an added advantage.
- Customer management, good team player. Supporting customer on issues and queries.
- Technical troubleshooting skills.
- Communicate efficiently both written and verbally with variety of customers.
- Works within a project team environment where results will be based on cooperation with and/or influence of others.
- Focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure.
- Relates to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner.
- Exposure on Shell Scripting
Skills & Attributes
- Working experience as a Teradata Application DBA
- Should have worked various windows platforms both client and server.
- Should have worked on various windows platforms both client and server.
- Should have worked in Unix platforms.
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Exposure to visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell, Python scripting.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- 4 Year Engineering Degree or 3 Year Master of Computer Application or bachelor’s in computer science.
- Good in oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work in 24x7 environment with rotational shifts.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term if required.
Community / Marketing Title: Teradata Application DBA
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN