Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 214800
Teradata is looking for highly motivated and experienced individuals to join our Managed Services team as a MicroStrategy Administrator. Applicants should have a proven track record with advanced analytical solutions applied across subject domains such as Digital, Marketing, Retail, Operations, Healthcare, and Technology.
Your primary focus will be on helping clients identify how they can drive more business value from data. This is a project-oriented position in offsite situations having accountability for managing client expectations while delivering the services and solutions associated with the Teradata database. The Consultant provides technical services related to analysis, design, build, performance tuning, testing and integration of all components of the Business Intelligence solution in conjunction with other project team members on a specific client engagement. This position will combine direct client consulting engagement activities, new solution development and analytics positioning responsibilities.
As a MicroStrategy Developer, you will:
- Work in close coordination with customer MSTR developers.
- Act as MicroStrategy expert to advice customers in defining MicroStrategy Roadmap, Security guidelines and MicroStrategy architecture for Complex enterprise systems.
- Triage the cause of BI report failure
- Escalate to the development team(s) for functional and procedural code/ structures change in the BI Reports and/or BI model
- Escalate to Operations team and Customer on data issues
- Escalate source system feed non-compliance to client source system owners
- Coordinate release/publish of fixed BI Report and/or BI Model mappings as required
- Work with users to resolve and troubleshoot report issues
- Application troubleshooting and tuning
- Performance Tuning
- Proactive Notifications and Alerts
- Add, delete, and modify user login information
- Maintain Analytic Environment Security Roles
- Maintain access rights to Analytic Environment objects
- Maintain metadata layer components of the Analytic Environment (Add, delete, and modify objects)
- Monitor performance of Analytic Environment components
- Report on performance and capacity of the Analytical Environment
- Recommend additional performance and capacity planning services when undesirable trends are discovered
- Maintain (add, delete, modify) Analytic Environment backup and restore processes
- Monitor Analytic Environment backup/restore processes for successful completion
- Escalate Analytic Environment backup/restore failures to second level support as required
- Restart Analytic Environment backup/restore processes as required
- Maintain Analytic Environment settings
- Assist with migration and migration testing activities
- Manage Analytic Environment system startup, shutdown, restart
- Maintain admin. scripts on Analytic Environment servers
- Modify existing cube build processes as required
- Modify existing SQL based reporting processes as required
- Modify batch-oriented analytic processes as required
- Site Log / Run book
- Maintain site log to record changes and events related to the Analytic Environment
- Update runbook to reflect changes made to reports, analytic model, or procedures in this service
- Maintain a service mailbox for capturing Analytic environment incidents
- Utilize FCLs change management application to manage all changes to the analytic environment.
- Communicate plans, and incident status to appropriate groups as established in the operations manual
- Ensure change requests are appropriately logged and reviewed about affected users, work effort, implementation plan, estimated duration, and backout plan for changes. Assure appropriate resources are available.
- Participate in weekly change control meetings
- Update the Operations Manual to reflect changes made to reports, processes, or procedures in this service
- Alert team members regarding corrective actions required due to performance and/or capacity utilization issues. Alert/escalation process to be documented in Operations Manual.
- Manage and coordinate activities of offsite resources
- Manage day-to-day contractual obligations and changes
- Manage resources to ensure service expectations are being met
- Update and maintain operations documentation library
- Participate in incident post mortem/root cause review
- Provide monthly and quarterly input for the scheduled management reviews
- Perform project compliance audits on quarterly basis
- Present improvement opportunities to client during monthly and quarterly review meetings
- Serve as a focal point for management and escalations of high impact problems
- Identify opportunities (to improve service, reduce cost, increase availability, maximize ROI….)
- Facilitate status calls with customer's management team
- Conduct quarterly service reviews
- Maintain Risk Register
- Maintain Issue Register
- Create and Circulate Weekly Project Status Report to Stakeholders
- Create and Circulate Monthly Project Status Report to Stakeholders
- Distribute list of open/closed Incidents to customer
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) preferably in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology or other related fields.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in working with MicroStrategy.
- Collect, cleanse, massage, and organize data in both SQL and No-SQL environments.
- Fluency in SQL and good knowledge of relational databases.
- Understanding of Agile software methodology.
- MicroStrategy certification is a plus.
- Experience on Tableau and/or PowerBI tools is a plus.
The successful candidate must -
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
- Proven skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter.
- Possess a solid understanding of the value of data and how technology enables companies to compete better in the marketplace.
- Collaborative team player, professional attitude with a strong drive and positive mind.
- Be self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics and solving real world problems.
Community / Marketing Title: MSTR Admin
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN