Vulnerability Management Engineer
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 214797
Job Title: Vulnerability Management Engineer
Job Location: San Diego, CA - Remote
The Vulnerability Management team is an integral part of Teradata Global Security and closely partners with and guides Cloud and IT Operations teams. We evangelize security at every stage of operations, and work closely with SREs to ensure applications are secure from deployment through deprecation. Our expertise lies in deep technical understanding of security and are security architects within Teradata and the wider security community. The Vulnerability Management team is tasked with building advanced security tools and methods for automating security.
The Vulnerability Management team is looking for someone who is passionate about automation and operations (DevOps) to scale security testing capabilities in Cloud and an enterprise environment. The ideal candidate will work tirelessly to automate vulnerability management processes and will work with Cloud Operations teams to automate infrastructure as code to enable Ops teams to move faster. If you evangelize security automation and love to share your knowledge with others, this position is for you.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Contribute to architecture decisions to ensure a consistent approach to vulnerability management
· Serve as the security subject matter expert during application and Cloud architecture discussions
· Collaborate with software developers to integrate vulnerability scanners into CI/CD pipelines
· Interpret vulnerability scan results, penetration test results and describe issues and fixes to non-security experts
· Provide vulnerability remediation guidance and mentoring to product development software engineers
· Evaluation of new technologies, tools, and/or techniques that impact security
· Review, analyze, and evaluate both internally developed software and vendor products and procedures to address security requirements
· Identify and automate security processes and practices
· Write and deploy Docker applications
· Deliver security metrics to development teams
· Be a leader in security by researching ways to scale security and presenting at internal and external events.
· Train developers in various aspects of security to include secure coding, security requirements, static/dynamic security tools, etc.
Primary Job Skills:
· Work as part of a team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics clearly and where necessary, in layman's terms
· General understanding of and passion for computer, Web, and network security
· Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
· Familiarity with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
· Ability to automate tasks using a scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc).
· The ideal candidate is proficient in a programming language, e.g., Golang, Java, Python, C, C++, C#, Objective C, etc.
· Ability to quickly learn a programming language
· Deep understanding of HTTP and SSL/TLS protocols, and Web applications
· Knowledge of networking fundamentals (all OSI layers)
· Proficiency in Linux administration
· Understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools
· MS/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or relevant experience.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Vulnerability Management Engineer
Job Category: Security
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US