MEA Solution Engineer - Distributors
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Requisition Number: 214794
MEA Solution Engineer - Distributors
The Solution Engineer (SE) is an expert technologist, responsible for promoting Teradata solutions to customers, prospects, distributors and for establishing and developing “trusted advisor” status relationships in a target account from the DBA to the CIO. A “T-shaped professional”, the SE understands Teradata technology intimately and also has a good understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of relevant partner and competitor analytic technologies. The SE is a hands-on professional with demonstrable expertise in architecting, designing and delivering analytic data platforms who is as comfortable giving a technical demonstration or in providing specific and relevant advice and guidance on how a new feature should be deployed in a customer’s particular environment as they are in delivering presentations to senior business leaders. In addition, the SE is committed to life-long learning and personal development and is also committed to sharing hard-won knowledge and expertise with peers and the wider Teradata organisation.
Successful candidates will -
- Be assigned to one or more target accounts and partner with the Account Executive to define a relevant, actionable account strategy and plan;
- Understand and document the client’s “as is” analytical ecosystem architecture and define a “to be” architecture that addresses client strategy and requirements, supports the growth of the Teradata platform and mitigates competitive threats;
- Drive sales and usage of Teradata software and services by acting as a trusted technical advisor to the client;
- Provide technical leadership to the extended Teradata account team and ensure that other relevant SMEs are engaged at appropriate points throughout the sales cycle;
- Work with the extended account team to identify new workloads that can be brought to the platform and opportunities to leverage new features and functions to optimize existing workloads; be accountable for customer success;
- Deal with ambiguity and propose creative solutions that leverage informed assumptions based on his/her experience and expertise where only partial information is available to his/her;
- Work with the extended Teradata consulting team to scope projects and develop appropriate SOWs, project plans and risk analyses;
- Continuously develop his/her own consulting and technology skills and ensure that he/she stays abreast of the relevant industry developments, including the emergence and evolution of new competitive threats;
- Share hard-won skills and experience with peers and colleagues throughout the organization.
Successful candidates must -
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about data, analytics and Teradata;
- Have at least 5+ years hands-on experience in architecting, technology sales, designing, or optimizing Data Warehouse, Lakehouse and/or Data Lake solutions.
- Be a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections and recommendations;
- Demonstrate a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytic technology marketplace and the trends are driving the adoption of new analytic technologies;
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills.
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English;
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
Successful candidates will preferably -
- Have a background in technology consulting and relevant pre-sales experience;
- Demonstrate relevant domain expertise in at least one industry vertical (e.g.: Telecommunications, Financials, Retail Finance) or one horizontal (e.g.: Supply Chain);
Terms and conditions
Teradata is firmly committed to growing and leveraging the benefits of diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We value the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings to solving business problems. Candidates will be considered based solely on skills, experience and alignment with the responsibilities of the role.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience. The successful candidate may work from either a local Teradata facility or virtually, depending upon the work requirements, but will be expected to travel frequently 25-35% to meet with customers/distributors throughout MEA GEO (South Africa, Turkey, ..) and account teams in-person and throughout the EMEA region.
Community / Marketing Title: MEA Solution Engineer - Distributors
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dubai, Dubayy AE