Semantic Data Modeler
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 214777
Role: Semantic Data Modeler - Finance Industry
Job Location:- Mumbai/ Pune/ Bangalore
Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or other related fields
Skills and Attributes
- 6- 12 years of overall experience in data warehouse
- 4 – 6 years of Dimensional Modelling expert – Kimball Approach.
- 2 - 3 years of Database Design experience in Teradata.
- In depth knowledge of Semantic Layer and Integration layer
- Banking Domain knowledge
- Business Understanding
- Good communication skills (both written as well as oral). Communicates equally well with business people and technical team members.
- Work in a collaborative environment
- Focus on immediate project scope without losing sight of the big picture
- Knowledge of data modeling philosophies and techniques, including Inmon and Kimball.
- Provide thought leadership on best practices while designing the foundation and semantic layer
- Good Understanding of key Processes in, Banking (GL/Deposit/Loan/Bills/Instrument/Debit card/Credit card/Internet Banking), Investment Banking (Mutual Fund/IPO/Bond/Derivative /Portfolio management/Merger & Acquisition) and Insurance (General business/Life insurance/ Property & Casualty).
- Knowledge of Teradata Financial Services model (FS-DM) or Sound business knowledge of any Banking/Investment/Insurance industry data model for data warehouse.
It would also be nice if the candidate has experience working with Agile Methodology.
- Creating high level Common Semantic layer Architecture based on customer expectations. Review it with SMEs from client side and baseline the high level model.
- Owning the end to end Semantic modelling work
- Analyze business requirements to determine the data elements needed in the Semantic Layer
- Create necessary access layer objects for Facts, Dimensions to meet the business requirements
- Should have good knowledge of Star Schema Design using the Kimball approach.
- Must have good knowledge of OLAP queries, Aggregates, and usage of analytical functions in SQL queries.
- Good understanding of any one BI tool like Tablue /Cognos/Business Objects etc.
- Must have created interactive dashboards using any of the UI tools.
- Interact with Business SMEs to understand required data elements, the business rules governing them and confirm definitions
- Create, manage and modify conceptual, logical and physical data models for Semantic Layers. Present data models to business and technical audiences for review and validation
- Implement Data Profiling Develop/maintain all target-from-source mappings – Business Requirements to Access Layer data model(s); Access Layer data model(s) to Core Layer data model, Core Layer data model to Acquisition Layer ;
- Apply views, indexes and tables as required to meet the defined performance service levels (“SLAs”) for application access of the data warehouse;
- Stakeholder’s interaction includes Enterprise Architects, Development Team, Business Intelligence team, Business SMEs, technology vendors etc.
Community / Marketing Title: Semantic Data Modeler
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN