Financial Planning Analyst
Location: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 214775
Financial Planning Analyst
Location: Mumbai / Pune
Requisition Number - TBD
Recruiter - TBD
Job Title: Financial Planning Analyst (Centralized Global Team)
Reporting Responsibility: Senior Manager – Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Mumbai / Pune / Gurgaon
Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world’s largest company solely focused on
raising intelligence through data warehousing and enterprise analytics. Teradata offers powerful, analytical solutions that help businesses proactively manage their businesses and drive growth. Teradata™ solutions include the Teradata data warehouse and database, analytical applications, and services.
Built on a proven, world-class methodology, Teradata data warehouse services support data warehouse strategy development, planning, design, implementation, support and enhancement. Over 2,000 consultants deliver Teradata solutions in 60 countries.
Businesses worldwide choose Teradata for its proven expertise in data warehousing, commitment to excellence and innovation, and best-in-class technology. To learn more, go to http://www.teradata.com
The incumbent will first and foremost serve as the financial planning Analyst for Americas – Consulting Services, capable of bringing broad financial expertise (including planning, forecasting, accounting practices/policies, revenue recognition and order management) to the table as well as managing and optimising all business operational activities. This will be critical role in a range of activities, from Standard Outlook Pack preparation, investment decisions, asset management, resource deployment, setting of objectives, annual and strategic planning direction, and evaluation and action planning around the state of the business and enhancing all the business operations and infrastructure groups.
It will require frequent communication, leadership, and teaming with AMS consulting Region Planning teams / Business Teams in order to meet the requirements of the business.
Key focus areas for this position will be specifically: -
- Ownership and development of the monthly Outlook Standard Package
- Assisting the regional team on the annual planning exercise
- Full ownership & management of the Hyperion planning application
- Understand and continually review business processes
- Various operation metrices – Booking, Utilization, Time-card compliance, Backlog revenue, Opportunity management for APJ / AMS – Managed Service Group.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS: (include but are not limited to)
- Manage the Monthly Outlook Process / Standard reporting Pack
- Download all basic reports from the various systems (Transcend / Financial Force / Salesforce / Hyperion Planning / HFM etc.)
- Prepare the Standard reporting pack based on the system reports covering Bookings, Revenue, Borrowed cost / Lent Credits / Natural expenses / HC workday report / Utilization etc.
- Review & Analysis of all the financial parameters
- HCs & Payroll
- Outside contractor services
- Other costs
- Borrowed cost by resource type (Own FTEs, OCS & GDC)
- Lent credits (Billable Projects & Investment Projects)
- Cost of Revenue & Margins
- Explain variances to Plan , Last Outlook and to Last Year
- Use of Business Objects and ERP tools for reporting and transaction processing
- Support management in presenting outlook and be able to comment on Plan, Outlook, risk related questions
- Line-of sight orders and revenue
- Expense analysis
- Manage the Annual Planning Process
- Support the planning process
- Prepare annual Plans & Budgets including:
- Order and revenue
- Headcount planning and validation of salary targets
- Determine calendarization and allocation methodologies with a quarterly focus
- Year-end backlog forecasts
- Reviewing and determining organization profit and cost centres
- Apply accounting changes
- Expense budget allocations – communicating allocations to the organisation
- Analysis of actual results for all components of the business to understand its current state from a financial perspective and support the business to develop action plans to meet financial commitments around Plan and the Outlook.
- Own & Manage the Hyperion Planning Process for AMS consulting Services, making sure all the Final OLs are available in the Hyperion
- Prepare ad hoc analysis reports on specific management asks
- Work closely with the Regional Planning Teams / Business Teams on Outlook process and reporting and to understand strategic direction
- Work closely with Immediate Manager + Global Centralized team head to help them understand our business and any risks.
- Various Operational reports with a view to bring improvement
- Professional Services (PS) Business Operations Manager for PS understanding
- Regular contact and communication with Financial Ops Team
- Bachelor qualifications in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or Management + CA/ ICWA/ MBA
- 8+ years experience in finance roles such as Planning Analyst or Management Accountant or Fin Ops professional within a sales driven, customer focused organization.
- Experience gained within Business Consulting or IT industry would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Business Objects and Hyperion
COMPETENCE - the technical and personal attributes, knowledge, skills and abilities a candidate must possess in order to succeed in this position:
- Ability to demonstrate a strong business acumen
- Projects executive presence
- Attention to detail
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Excellent time management and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent English verbal communication and presentations skills
- Lateral thinker – ability to explore alternative avenues
- Proven decision-making capabilities
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels within Teradata
- Strong IT skills
TYPE OF PERSON
The type of person who will be successful in this role will:
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Knowledge of various tools (Business Objects , Sales-force , Financial Force , HFM , Hyperion Planning, Power BI etc Thrive on delivering a high level of customer service (internal and external) will be an added advantage
- Have a proven high level of dedication and commitment.
- Be results-oriented and driven.
- Demonstrate a level of responsibility for taking ownership of projects
- Display a proven ability to work under pressure
- Enjoy working in a team and communicates openly, directly and diplomatically
- Be comfortable in a dynamic environment & diverse culture
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic, transforming organization is a must
- Growth and profit driven culture
- Requires multi-tasking ability
- Continual change
- Competing priorities
- Learning/growth opportunities
- Cyclical work schedules
- Team-focused, supportive environment
- Interface with multiple levels of management
- Must be comfortable working with a team of high-level IT professionals.
- Success and ability is rewarded
- Opportunities exist for cross-training and career development.
City: Airoli Navi Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Planning Analyst
Job Category: Finance
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN