Services Analytics Manager
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 214767
The Services Operational Excellence (SOE) team is responsible for the deployment of standardized processes and technologies across Global Customer Services. The Global Customer Services team is responsible for providing world class consulting, managed and support services to our customers around the world. The Services Analytics Manager will report to the Director, Services Analytics and will work cross functionally with operations and business teams such as Product Management, Information Technology, Cloud Operations, Customer Success, and the Global Support Organization to satisfy their Analytics and Reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and innovative team consisting of Data Engineers, Business Intelligence Developers, ServiceNow Report developers and Data Scientists. The team is passionate about providing data driven answers to questions asked by our various stakeholder in the Global Services organizations. The analytics, reports and dashboards created by the team are used by the front-line support resources as well as the C-level executives.
Here are the major responsibilities for this position
- Lead reporting and Analytics projects from Requirements gathering to user acceptance
- Partner closely with the business and technical teams to translate business requirements into technical specifications and build reports and dashboards in Power BI and ServiceNow
- Analyze data results and communicate findings in a simple and concise format to business stakeholders.
- Work closely with the business and technical teams to ensure the project delivery meets the business requirements
- Build end-to-end reporting packages that “tell a story” With clear take-aways and action that drive expected outcomes
- Identify and recruit action owners to address findings and ensure action is taken so closed loop improvements can be demonstrated
- Assist customer-facing delivery resources to translate complex technical subjects into business-friendly reports and presentations
- Research and find solutions for issues related to the analytics and Data Science projects
- Assist in ServiceNow platform implementation efforts related to reporting and Performance Analytics
- Accountable for team goal setting for project teams to ensure development of high-quality analytics solutions tailored to the needs of the business users.
- Manage inter-project and inter-organization dependencies and ensures smooth collaboration with strategic partners.
- Manage multiple projects to meet aggressive deadlines with multiple stakeholders using in-depth understanding of key technologies such as: as-a-Service, Cloud, and delivery methodologies like ITIL/DevOps/CICD.
- Develop presentations for senior management to facilitate discussions on project or program progress, results and assistance needed from them.
- Master's or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Operational Research, or related fields
- 10+ years of BI, reporting and data analytics experience
- 3+ years of people management or team lead experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both orally and written.
- Experienced in leading a diverse group of data developers, Business Intelligence developers, data scientists and geographically dispersed teams.
- Excellent English Skills: verbal, written and visual presentations
- Experienced in collecting user requirements with the ability to understand complex business needs and translate them into solutions in Power BI or ServiceNow
- Proven technical and team leadership in analytics and data science field with the ability to plan and manage multiple competing projects.
- Demonstrated aptitude writing complex SQL statements and an understanding of logical and physical data modeling
- If needed ability to work in teams and as an individual contributor – strong consultative and consensus building skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hand on experience with ServiceNow reporting, dashboard, and Performance Analytics
- Experience with other BI tools (BusinessObjects/Cognos, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with statistical methodologies and software
- Understand agile methodology such as scrums, development sprints, demos, and sprint reviews
- Experience with database operations, server management and other IT (Information Technology) support functions
Preferred work location: San Diego, CA. (Remote work anywhere in the US (United States) is also an option)
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Services Analytics Manager
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US